Wednesday, April 27, 2016

El Hotel de los Secretos #64, 4/26/16: Stop Dreamin' Y'All!

Ø  Sleeping Beauty de Sofia awakens from her nightmare to find it’s been all too real.  Beatriz’s dried blood is all over her hands.  Out, out, damned spot[s]!

Ø  Down the hall, La Inocente de Isabela awakens from her dreamless sleep to find Diego up on his feet and smiling.  He’s turned romantic and tells her it’s all because she’s come back to him.  He asks her never to leave his side –all this from a knife wound, a stab in the back.  She allows him his romantic way with her.  (Damn, is she easy!  If Julio only knew what a pillow-pushover she is for sweet words and small talk, his sex life could take a real turn.)


Ø  Speaking of Julio, he’s in Cecille’s room ready to romance la ramera ésa with her favorite morning after sweet –ahem, sweets for the tart…..  He is offering himself once again to her in hopes of forgetting Isabela. Take him home?  He’s strayed and he’s tired of following a path with no future. (Hey, aren’t we all, slugger?) They are once again in each other’s presence.  It must be for a reason! They loved each other once -- and probably still do?  (Well, it wadn’t fate, Big Boy!  She made her fate and went lookin’ for you!) She is not that easily swayed, except for the fact that she admits she’s no spring chicken and the bloom is almost off her roses at this point in life.  She is angry that he’s still stuck on some rich bitch “…who married THE OTHER GUY, FOOL!”  Well, she can’t afford to be picky at this age…… 

Ø  Downstairs from the Upstairs, the staff are having roll call.  Natalia is there with her brother who’s arrived for his first day on the job.  Don Benjamin is being his usual ass-et to the hotel’s management, as per usual.  I don’t believe he’s too happy with this arrangement and I am ignorant of what this guy might do besides fold napkins…… Flippy is missing….uhgain…..

Ø  Upstairs, Matilda overhears her ex-beau arguing with his daddy over dispossessing his SIL of what his brother rightly bequeathed to his family and/or heir?  Daddy tells Sonny Boy to learn his place; to move forward and never backwards; and insists he’s tried his entire life to put together a patrimony worthy of the name/family Alarcon.  Sonny Boy is straight arrow and straight and narrow impactado at the level of Daddy’s duplicity!!!

Ø  Mati is even more impactada, from the looks of it!  She then heads down to the lobby and finds Detective Ayala getting the run-around from Matteo regarding examining Don Diego’s old bachelor digs.  Mati rescues Ayala and double-talks Mat into allowing them both to have a look around. 
Ø  Dona Teresa barges in on Alfredo and threatens to drag his family name through the mud if he pursues an annulment of his marriage to Sofia.  “Socially Dead!”  “---Do what you have to do, dear suegra………..”  He could care less!  He’s signing his resignation of the directorship and all the horrid, lurid things and events that surround it.

Ø  Mati and Ayala look for a clue about the chess set and then find a secret door in the floor that looks like a chess board and in it a rolled up sheet of music. 

Ø  EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! –So much for peace and prosperity in the land of nod…..Somebody has found Bea’s body.    Fredito gets the report and races to find her splayed out front first…….Diego pulls Sofia aside and shows her the bloody knife –or at least A bloody knife.  Benji spies on the two of them from the mezzanine.  In private………Diego explains he was walking (?) outside and there was Bea and the knife.  (I couldn’t catch the rest of it, for certain.  He either saw her do it or put two and two together?)  Anyway, Sofia has guilt and I did it written all over her face.  Diego’s keeping the knife and her secret in exchange for her persuading Fredito to cede him the lands to make his deal with.

Ø  Outside again, everyone’s impactados.  Off to the side, Oli and B are grousing about this screwing up their plans a bit, and then Andres’s being an AWAL hubby.  Don’t let him turn into a skirt chaser the same as his daddy or he’ll be uncontrollable, warns Oli.   As a newly-wed why isn’t he chasing her skirts like most newly married men?

Ø  Elisa accuses Sofia of the murder to Ayala.  She later tries to convince Fredito to use the opportunity to be free of Sofia forever.  He tells her to stuff it.

Ø  The two policemen find another gold dinner knife in the bushes by Bea’s body.

Ø  Flippy gets snippy with Angela till Mama shows up and puts him in his place again.

Ø  Ayala corners sofia at the breakfast table and starts to question her whereabouts during the murder and/or what she might trap herself with by saying BUT Diego stops him and lies about her spending the evening with him since wifey was too tuckered to keep him proper company. 

Ø  Flippy’s scrubbing floors till “Jorgina” shows up and gives him the come hither look –in a daydream.  He’s freaked and I’m freaked that he hasn’t figured out she’s a tomboy.  (Yeah, yeah, enough with the LGBT crap already.)

Ø  Somebody messes with the body in the back of a truck and cuts a lock of Bea’s hair.  It’s possibly the knife killer.

Ø  Fredito tells Sofia he’s taking the kid away from this house of horrors and her.  They’re separating.  He’ll give her his part of the lands in exchange for his freedom.

Ø  The GKK  adds Bea’s lock to his collection.

Ø  Ayala shows Julio and Isa the sheet of music.  He says the gold knife was a diversion to make it look like a GKK killing.

Ø  The maid finds a note.  She gets hit over th head from behind and knocked out.

Ø  Sofia gets a visitor knocking at her door who slides th note under her door—supposedly from Fredito. 

Ø  Some beautiful guest whispers to Flippy she’s frightened after hearing that there was a murder in the hotel  

Ø  Oops.  Guess the maid fell victim to the GKK and Sofia stupidly picks up the gold knife so that when all race upstairs to see what her screaming is all about, there Sofia is, incredulous at another dead body.  ¡Qué horror!


Labels:


Comments:
My Caray Caray friends. My sister just got diagnosed with breast cancer. She could use all your prayers and positive thoughts. Thanks.

Nanette
 

Nanette: I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers and good wishes go out to you and yours.

 

Nanette- I am sending all my prayers, well wishes, and love your way and your sister's way. I'll be thinking of you both. Abrazos, amiga!
 

Jardinera- Thank you for the great recap. I love the dreams theme!

Well, the GKK got ticked off that they (Sofia, Diego, both?) tried to frame him for Bea's murder, so s/he framed Sofia for the GKK murders. Well played, GKK!
 

Thank you for the recap.

Vivi in DC: I am confused or missed a crucial scene on the Beatrice murder scene. It seemed to me that the GKK serial killer was the one who (a) took the lock of hair from Beatrice's corpse and planted the gold knife at the scene to try to frame the killer (Sophia) for all the full moon murders and (b) just to make certain Sophia was caught, the GKK knocked out and then stabbed the maid, sent a note to Sophia that her husband wanted to see her so that she would discover the body -- and in turn be caught "red handed" with the gold knife and the dead maid. To most characters it will appear that Sophia not only killed Beatrice and the maid but that she is the GKK. But fear not, Ayala is too clever to allow this ruse to work. He will figure out that Beatrice was not killed by the GKK but that the maid was. Question: will Sophia go to jail of the murder of Beatrice? And will the real GKK get caught?
 

Thanks guys for all your well wishes. My sister is staying postiive and keeping her sense of humor.

Question: What was the deal with Mati turning to Ig when Bea's body was found? Were they friends? If it was just a plot point to put a wedge (temporarily, I'm sure) between Ayala and Mati, it's the first misstep this TN has taken. That was so unlike Mati unless, as I noted, she knew Bea.
 

Floodgate- I'm pretty sure whoever planted the gold knife in the flower pot near Bea's body was trying to pin that murder on the GKK (the only current suspects for this are Sofia or Diego). GKK is smart enough to know that Ayala would easily see Bea was NOT stabbed by the same knife or with the same methods as GKK. Only after word that the GKK had killed Bea start circulating did we see GKK start putting the plan to frame Sofia into play-- cutting a lock of Bea's hair and adding it to his collection; luring the maid to Alfredo's room to kill her with the gold knife; and then luring Sofia to Alfredo's room to find/be caught with the body and the knife. There isn't any reason why the GKK would have planted the knife in the flower pot initially. That was sloppy and only made Sofia look LESS like a suspect for Bea's murder. But everything we saw him do later was methodical, well-planned, and made Sofia look like the GKK.
 

Addition: ...and then luring Sofia to Alfredo's room to find/be caught with the body and the knife, AND the locks of hair.
 

Oh, Nanette, I am so sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers to your sister and all the family.

Jardinera, thanks you for the great recap. Someone set Sophia up and I'm leaning to Diego. But the way Benny Boy keeps creeping around the hotel and seems to see everything, he could have set up her up too...maybe with instructions?

The lock of hair and all the hair of every victim was just down right creepy. We hadn't seen that practice on the victims being done before. And it seemed like a rather large hand putting it in place.

Watching Isa get smarmed over by Diego and her smiling away, I don't see someone who is thoroughly disgusted by said smarming. So the next time she gets all pissy about Julio and Cece, or Julio and anyone, someone slap her silly. I was really questioning whether all that romancing she was doing with Diego was a ploy last night.

I recognized the actress that was so panicked about the murder that Felippe took care of, thought no time to look up her name. Another cool cameo or was this someone who is moving into the plot somehow? Felippe's Manuela siting were funny...but I wish they would resolve that. I don't want to see him start back to his Lothario ways that fast, though I can see him doing it so he convinces himself he wouldn't be attracted to a man. At this stage of the story with so few episodes, I'd rather he find out her true identity and then deal with them going forward.

Daisynjay

 

Julie: from yesterday re: "Ana". The triplets storyline is interesting, too. But I only commit to one TN at a time (with only a little overlap), and the DID storyline appeals to me more. I like AB well enough, but really don't care for SR. So Yago it is.
 

Daniela- Jorge/Manuela might be a bit too busy being a revolutionary to come back to clear up Felipe's doubts about his sexuality. Priorities. :)
 

Wow. Auto-correct changed Daisynjay to Daniela!
 

Prayers already on the way Nanette.

Awesome Jardinera, “…who married THE OTHER GUY, FOOL!”

All along, yucky as it is, Isabela has been way too willing with Diego. I understand being hurt and trying to make the best of a relationship but Diego, Diego. She knows the guy isn't a good guy so maybe he curled her toes that first time.

Looked to me that Felipe was going to love up another guest.

Hate the poor maid had to die to frame Sofia.
 

Oh, and crying guest who went off with Felipe is played by Marisol del Olmo who has had big roles in De que te quiero, te quiero, Soy tu dueña, Mañana es para siempre, and Pasión. Not sure if it’s just a cameo, or if she’ll have some importance.
 

Vivi: that was Marisol?!! I didn't recognize her and she's one of my all time favs!!

Thanks to all for the well wishes for my sister.
 

Jardinera: thanks for the awesome recap.

I would have thought Ayala would have noticed a lock of hair had been cut from the victims (what about the male victims?). He's so meticulous.
 

Is it really that easy to see if a small lock of hair has been cut when people had such long hair? All the locks looked long, like they came from women. Did we ever hear if any of the other victims, other than the one we saw get killed, were men? That guy got killed only because Julio foiled GKK's attempt to kill Isabel, and then he ran away really quickly since Ayala's men were on the prowl. Don't think he had time to cut that guy's hair, even if he wanted to.
 

Thanks Vivi...I kind of dig Daniela, except it reminds me of PyP.

That's who it was, Marisol. As soon as she started talking I was like...OMG, it's HER!! (In fact my brain went to her in Pasion). Just could think of who HER was named. Been a rough couple weeks. Can't believe she would just be popping in for that short of a cameo.

tofie, I'm a bit with you. I keep hoping that Isa is playing the ultimate con on her own to keep Diego out of their way and not asking any more questions of her, or having Jacinto watching her every move. I mean it is working. I keep thinking...that knife wound. Hopefully Isa is giving him the ultimate stab to the back. But really, I want or need to see an eye-roll or smirk to tell me she's just not that into him. But then with Julio begging CeCe to take him "home", who knows with this story who winds up with who. A tragedy in the making for all concerned? My head is starting to slightly spin not sure where it all will land.

Daisynjay

 

Vivi: I thought about the long hair and how hard it would be to detect. But our Ayala? I'm kind of surprised he didn't. ;)

Again: does anyone know why Mati flew into Ig's arms when Bea's body was found? I'm really obsessing about it.
 

Nanette- It's possible Mati knew Bea and that they all (Isa, Ig, Bea, Sofia, Alfredo) ran in the same circles growing up. When they heard the news, I remembering her saying "Beatrice?!" in shocked and horrified voice, before they ran outside. It seemed like a very familiar way to say her name to me.
 

I don't think Isabela's soft spot for Diego is all bluff. She may want to believe it is but it's not. I think even the Dr is puzzled by her attention. Could it be she is jealous of CeCe not only with Julio but also Diego? If she gives herself to Diego he won't sleep with CeCe, right? When she responds with an open mouth kiss I taste bile and sulfur but guess she doesn't.
 

Please, no more shirtless scenes of puny Diego (barf)! He looks semi okay with PJs on, so for my eyes' sake, let's stick to that! There are lots of ways to convey that the deed is about to be/has been done, por Dios! And I like the actor ... just his physique, not so much.
 

Vivi: I was hoping that was it, because anything else would be a completely unlike her.

I think Isa is trying to make her marriage work, out of guilt mostly. Viewerville knows that the chances are good Diego will bite the dust so she can be with Julio, but as far as she knows she's stuck in a marriage she doesn't want to be in and she knows she has no one to blame but herself.

How much of Diego's badness does she know about?
 

Thanks, Jardinera! Tuesday night captions always seem to be crap, and I miss so much without them. From your recap it appears that I misunderstood a lot of stuff.

It occurred to me last night that for a sane person, Felipe sure does "see" a lot of people who aren't there. Crazy Sofi never sees stuff like that!

So that was Marisol... I'm mortified that I didn't recognize her. In fact, for a moment I thought she was Beatriz and was very confused. Felipe seemed to genuinely want to help that woman, or maybe he just wants to bang her so he can stop thinking about Jorguela... I guess we'll know soon.

Vivi - GKK had at least one other male victim - Pablo. I don't know if GKK had a chance to get a lock of Pablo's hair. Actually I don't remember what Pablo even looked like or how much hair he had to work with.

I thought the hand holding the scissors looked like a woman's hand. Maybe I was just fooled because black gloves are so slimming, wink. I'm still not happy with our list of suspects. Have we ruled out Ignacio? Matilde? (No, I'm not kidding about Matilde. I don't really suspect her and she's not a practical choice, but we don't know how she spends her time away from the hospital when Isabel is busy with her husband or boyfriend.)
 

Nanette, I'm sending my strength and best wishes to your sister (and to you).

I'm not sure if Isabel knows about any of Diego's badness. Cristina did accuse him of some things, but when Cristina turned out to be a liar, Isabel probably discounted everything she said.

And other than the things Cristina said, I don't think Isabel knows about ANYTHING he's done. And, frankly, she hasn't been paying enough attention to him to even notice. She doesn't suspect a thing.

(Well, I think Cece told Isabel about their thing, right? So Isa knows he's a cheater - but then she knows her father was a cheater too, so she probably takes that for granted!)
 

I don't know what to make of Isa's attitude with Diego. At first I thought she was trying to make it work. But when I saw her sleeping with the harmonica under her pillow and then lying to Diego's face saying she wanted to start over, I thought hmm, maybe she's conning him out of spite and enjoying it. I wish it were clearer, though. Hello director, where are you?
 

What does Isabela have to be guilty about? Diego knows and she knows he knows she was not a virgin. She hasn't cheated on him and other than sneaking around playing super sleuth (harmless entertainment) and avoiding sex occasionally (who hasn't) she's done nothing. Now if she is foolish enough to believe Diego is really in love with her when she isn't she may feel bad for him. Then that is pity so maybe she sleeps with him out of pity. Naw. Her relationship with Diego is a huge mystery and once Ayala and Matilde solve the other riddles hope they jump on this one.

Poor Julio was always punching above his weight class. I think CeCe had it right. Isabela got a great big crush on a waiter, played a bit and went right back where she belongs. Not unlike her daddy.
 

I've having a brain fart. Remind me who Pablo was?
 

Ah! Andres's daddy who arrived and got killed while I was on vacation. Well, I think the theory that there are two GKKs is a very good one. One who kills out of compulsion (random women/men/prostitutes), and another who kills/tries to kill because of personal reasons (Andres, Isabel, Pablo, maid to frame Sofia).
 

The hands in the black gloves looked smallish to me too-- like the gloved hands of the person who tried to kill Andres with an overdose.

GKK #1?-- Big man who kills randoms on the full moon each month.

GKK #2?-- Woman who tries to kill people related to the Hotel or the Alarcon family.
 

Julie: I mistook Marisol for Bea, too.

Tofie: I meant guilt because Isa wasn't in love with Diego when she married him.

Vivi: like your theories on the GKKs.

I thought the hand look small, too.
 

It's so hard to believe my sister is sick. She's the healthiest person I know. Even her doctor said, except for the cancer, she was amazingly healthy (my sister's sense of humor appreciated that comment). She also has one of those kinds that are rare (10% of women have it) and she's younger than the average age for the type.
 

Nanette- Her strength, humor, good health, and you (and all her family and friends) will help carry her through this.
 

Vivi: that is for sure. She also told me last night that the stray kitten that she and my brother-in-law added to their menagerie is helping her a lot by keeping her entertained.
Her name is Taz (short for Tasmanian). It seems she's living up to her name.
 

Thank you, Jardinera. I really enjoyed your recap.

Nanette, sending good wishes and prayers to you and your sister.

Loved the nuanced performances re:Ayala and Mati. Seemed like things are starting to smolder just below the surface . . .

Guess Jorge/Manuela made an impression on Felipe as he keeps "seeing" him/her. Way too funny.
 

Jardinera: Thanks.

I also love the Ayala/Mati pairing. Those two so want to kiss, but are too skittish.

I also loved the Felipe seeing Jorge scenes. I'm hoping his "helping" Marisol is because he's trying to convince himself he's still a "ladies'" man and not because he's going back to being a dog, as someone else already commented.
 

What is it with me?! I'm always mixing Jarifa and Jardinera up. My apologies ladies. The above comment was meant for Jarifa.
 

Nanette, sounds like something I would do. :)
 

Hi all. Thanks for your time and comments. I did not have CC's last night so if there was something wrong in the translation, my apologies. I am ready for the fin since there has been so little romance in this one IMHO.

Speaking of fin I finally SW the previews for Anna Laura. I am definitely in for that one.

 

Hi all. Thanks for your time and comments. I did not have CC's last night so if there was something wrong in the translation, my apologies. I am ready for the fin since there has been so little romance in this one IMHO.

Speaking of fin I finally SW the previews for Anna Laura. I am definitely in for that one.

 

Thank you Jardinera for your excellent recap reporting. Everyone does such a good job here and I look forward to reading the recaps and everyone’s comments.

Nanette, I will be praying for divine healing for your sister. May God grant her peace through his healing hands.

That confused woman who went off with Felipe sure looked a lot like Beatriz, but we know Beatriz is dead. She was even wearing a similar looking dress I think. I wonder what the point of this was?

I think the Gold Knife Killer has a copycat because even though the profiles are similar, they are different. The one who killed the maid is using the opportunity to setup Sophia. Hmmmmm….who would stand to gain the most from setting up Sophia as the “fall guy”? Serial killers do strange and creepy things. Most like to have a souvenir from their victims, so that’s the reason for the locks of hair collection. I’m sure we will see tonight that Sophia will not be charged with the maid’s murder after she shows Ayala the note she thought she received from Alfredo. They should also find the note that the made had too.

 

The GKK him/herself has the most to gain by setting up Sofia (or anyone) as the fall guy.

Of course, once someone is imprisoned, the GKK can't kill any more. At least not in the same area and not using that same MO. Maybe the GKK is getting ready to retire, or has reached an intended goal or deadline or collected enough hair to make a wig. Whatever - if this is indeed the work of the GKK, it means the killin' party is over.

On the one hand, we have Sofia's fingerprints on another murder weapon. On the other hand, those notes are such an obvious ploy that it's hard to imagine that they could make Sofia look guilty - unless Ayala is to believe that Sofia wrote the notes herself so that she could plead innocence. (Even with the gold knife in her hand, Sofia looked more surprised than guilty.)

Ayala already knows Beatriz wasn't killed by the GKK, so he knows that someone is trying to falsely blame the GKK for that murder. It shouldn't surprise him if, at the same time, the GKK (or someone else) is trying to frame an innocent person.

Who else besides the GKK would gain from framing Sofia, or just hates her that much? If it's not the GKK, it needs to be an additional person with access to the gold knives (I'm thinking the lock probably isn't hard to pick).
 

Sorry to be so late Jardinera...for some reason I always miss your recaps. So many great zingers but this one was a jewel:

ahem, sweets for the tart

Oh yeah. I still like Cecilia. She gives value for money and sometimes for free. A generous soul. And frankly, Isabela I find more than a little annoying with her Snow Queen demeanor.

Anyway, saucy friend, thank you!
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder