Monday, September 28, 2015

¿Qué nos cuenta, Caray, Caray!? (September 28 2015)

Hola Carayites!

In this week's edition:




This week on Caray, Caray!...

We're getting trilingual with Muchacha Italiana Viene A Casarse (7pm).  Antes Muerta Que Lichcita premiered last week, and it's definitely bringing the funny.  Our beloved BlogMom returns to recapping tonight!

Ads for Pasion y Poder have been sighted, which means ultimas is on the horizon for Lo Imperdonable (9pm).  Yo No Creo En Los Hombres (10pm) is still going strong.  La Vecina continues to romance us in the afternoons on Univision.

Find discussions and recaps of Bajo El Mismo Cielo, Preciosa Perla, Avenida Brasil, Señora Acero 2 y mas on the Telemundo y Mas post.



Here's the news we have about proximas...

Celia - Producer: ? - Stars: ? - October 13 - biographical novela about Celia Cruz

Pasion y Poder - Producer: Jose Alberto Castro (Rubi, Teresa, LQNPA, La Malquerida) - Stars: Susana Gonzalez (P), Jorge Salinas (P), Michelle Renaud (P), Marlene Favela (A), Fernando Colunga (A), Danilo Carrera - November 3, following Lo Imperdonable - "Two powerful families linked by old and new loves. A past that made them rivals and a present that links them back together." (Jarocha)

Gran Hotel - Producer: Roberto Gomez-Fernandez (El Color de la Pasion) - Stars: Erick Elias, Daniela Romo, Diana Bracho - Following Yo No Creo En Los Hombres (announced), December 30, 2015 - Plot: A young man searches for his missing sister at the Gran Hotel.

El Señor de los Cielos 4 - Producer: ? - Stars: ? - Season 3 currently airing on Telemundo - Plot: ?

A Que No Me Dejas - Producer: Carlos Moreno (Amor Bravio, Quiero Amarte) - Stars: Leticia Calderon, Arturo Peniche, Alfredo Adame, Camila Sodi, Osvaldo Benavides - Univision airdates unknown - Remake of Amor en Silencio

Simplemente Maria - Producer: Ignacio Sada (Un Refugio Para El Amor, Por Siempre Mi Amor) - Stars: Claudia Alvarez, Jose Ron, Fernando Valencia - Univision airdates unknown - Remake of Simplemente Maria

Doña Barbara - Producer: ? - Stars: Aracely Arambula - Telemundo airdates unknown - Remake of Doña Barbara

La Querida del Centauro - Producer: ? - Stars: Ludwika Paleta, Michel Brown, Humberto Zurita - Telemundo airdates 2016 - Plot: "It's about some badass female that is sent to a maximum security prison for males. There she and a drug lord start a relationship." (Sara)

Quien es Quien - Producers: Joshua Mintz (Marido en Alquiler, La Reina del Sur), Carla Cecilia Urbaneja - Stars: Danna Paola, Eugenio Siller, Laura Flores, Kimberly Dos Ramos - Telemundo airdates unknown - Plot: A romantic comedy about twins.

Lazos de Amor remake - Producer: Angelli Nesma - Stars: Angelique Boyer, Sebastian Rulli, Lucero - Univision airdates unknown - Remake of Lazos de Amor

Amor De Barrio - Producer: Roberto Hernández - Stars: Mane De La Parra, Renata Notni, plus Ale Garcia, Pedro Moreno, Marisol Del Olmo, Jessica Coch, Lisardo - Started 6-8-15 in Mexico, US airdate unknown - Plot: based on the Mexican telenovelas "Muchacha De Barrio" (1979) and "Paloma" (19675)

La Indomable - Producer: ? - Stars: Lucero - Telemundo airdates unknown - Plot: ?

Corazon Que Miente - Producer: MaPat - Stars: ? - Airdate unknown - Plot: remake of Laberintos de Pasion

La Trailera - Producer: ? - Stars: Edith Gonzalez, Jorge Luis Pila, Erika de la Rosa - Airdate unknown - Plot: ?



In general blog news...

We could still use more help taking down plagiarized posts.  Read more about that here and email me if you're interested in helping.  Until we get closer to full resolution, the process of fixing the feeds for older shows has been suspended.

Contact me if you have any technical issues with the blog...broken links, something on the sidebar not working, etc.



What's going on in the Caray, Caray! community?

Congratulations to recapper Adriana, on the birth of her daughter Clara!

Reader Paz is hosting a re-watch of Corazón Salvaje (1993) on her blog Joy of Classic Novelas starting October 5.  Check out the comments to this post or Paz's blog for more details.  And thanks for the shout-out in your Blogroll, Paz!

Your turn!  What are your thoughts on proximas?  Got any community news?  Recommendations for shows, movies, music, or books that may appeal to your fellow telenovela fans?  Let's hear it!  (Remember to keep it spoiler-free and gossip-free.)

Labels: ,


Comments:
Celia starts October 13 on Telemundo. It's a biographical novela about Celia Cruz.

I've seen promos for La Querida del Centauro and the just say 2016. I assume it follows Señora Acero. So maybe January or February? It's about some badass female that is sent to a maximum security prison for males. There she and a drug lord start a relationship.
 

Freeview Latino on Comcast Xfinity until 10/4

So far I have seen two movies from Spain:

Ocho apellidos vascos---romantic comedy

Fin---suspense, supernatural
 

Pasion y Poder intrigues me. I will have to give this one a try, just to see Colunga as a baddie. If I stick with it, I will have to give up one of the other telenovelas due to time limitations for watching.

Quien es Quien looks interesting, because I'm a Eugenio Siller fan after RdC. I think it's about twins or dopplegängers and maybe some mystery involved? I either read that online or (ack) dreamed it. LOL



"Freeview Latino on Comcast Xfinity until 10/4"
Hhhmmmmm...... AT&T U-Verse must be doing the same thing right now. All of a sudden, I'm picking up Latino channels not in my package. I've noticed it happens from time to time, once or twice a year, but it never lasts long.
 

doris-I just googled Quien es Quien and it *is* about twins. It's supposedly a romantic comedy? Apparently it has already premiered in Mexico, unlike other Telemundo productions that premiere in the States first. It looks kind of cute. And according to wikipedia, Laura Flores is in it, too!

Here's a link to some info (with a promo)
http://masquetelenovelas.blogspot.com/2015/09/primeros-promocionales-de-la-nueva.html
 

Gracias, Sara, Jarifa, and doris!

I've got Celia and the additional info on Querida del Centauro and Quien es Quien added.

And I fixed my links...still getting the hang of this TOC thing. Apologies for the confusion--they were redirecting to the previous post.
 

I did intend for the links in the "Proximas" list to go back to the previous post, though, to reference Stevey's update. (Yeah, I know how to do just enough HTML to get myself into trouble!)
 

Thanks Sara and BlogMom. I think I will give Celia a try on Telemundo. don't want to commit to novelas after 9pm so will probably pass on passion y poder. Even with JS...
 

Marta- I just watched the first episode of Celia on the Telemundo app on my tablet and...WOW! Great scenery, great music just lots to like. I loved the old footage of 1950s Cuba that they used in some of the transition scenes (similar to Preciosa Perla.) The second episode is available too. I'm about to watch a little of it.

The Cuban accent is going to be a comprehension challenge for me, though!

Did I mention great music? I'm pretty sure they are using Celia's voice and the actress is lip syncing.
 

Thanks, Marta. I'm not the BlogMom...though I do also thank her! This is one of the coolest blogs around and I'm just happy to be a part of it.
 

Kat, thank you again for providing such excellent information. I am so appreciative of the time and effort you and others are putting into this.

Colunga? Nice. Salinas? Great. Gonzalez? Cannot miss!!!

Diana
 

Diana, that's why I'm so interested in PyP, with that cast.
 

I will try PyP , but I do not know how I will fee about seeing my sweet baboo Fernando as a villain. I think that he will be spectacular as a baddie because he was nasty at times as the galan in Amor Real.He was so nasty at some points in that show that he made me cringe at his ungalanlike behavior. Fasten your seatbelts. He will be great .
 

doris, I cannot wait!

Susanlynn, you're right about Fernando in Amor Real - he had his moments, certainly.
I think he will be a great villain.

Diana

 



Hola!

Please help me out here. I had read that PyP starts October 5th when LI ends on the 4th. Yet I saw in the Proximas that PyP starts November 3rd. Please tell me which it is?

Thanks much,

Gale
 

Hi Gale
P y P starts Nov 3 in the US. It starts Oct 5 in Mexico.
 

Oh Darn!! Thanks Sara!
 

You're welcome. Hopefully time will fly. Everyone seems pretty excited about PyP!
 

Gracias, Diana! The proximas list is a group effort, I'm just keeping the info updated based on y'all's reports.

Lol, Susanlynn, don't bad boys need love too?

Gale, it's five weeks to the day :D
 

Thank you Diva but you have the wrong information about Corazon Que Miente. The cast that you mentioned starred in the PREVIOUS version of the novela and not in the remake remake. The semi confirmed cast is Pablo Lyle, Alexis Ayala, Helena Rojo, Maria Sorte, Alejandro Tommasi and Eric de Castillo. The heroine is rumored to be Ariadne Diaz.

I nearly creamed when I saw the cast on your post but then realized that it was the old one instead :(
 

Looks like Edith Gonzalez will soon be gracing our screens again:

http://masquetelenovelas.blogspot.com/2015/10/edith-gonzalez-protagonizara-la-nueva.html?m=1
 

Hi Everyone!

My name is Paz and I’m new to this thread. Starting Monday, October 5, a group of us plan on watching the classic Corazón Salvaje (1993), starring Eduardo Palomo and Edith González, on YouTube and discussing it.

We will be watching it here:
https://youtu.be/k3jMh5IEqqc?list=PL7B132FB07DC61216

We will be discussing it here:
https://joyofclassicnovelas.wordpress.com/

I’d like to invite anyone interested to join us.

~ Paz

 

Omigosh, Paz!!!!!!! This is awesome! I am going to try to make time for this. CS has been spoken of so highly here. I feel so out of it for not having seen it.

Thank you so much for sharing this!
 

Gracias, Count, Sara, and Paz! I've got the updates posted up top. Paz, I hope it's ok I added your re-watch info :)
 

Thanks so much Sara! This will be my first time watching the novela. So, we will be in the same boat. I think it will lots of fun. :-)
 

La Diva del Desierto, 5ft Latina: Thank you SO very much! :-)
~ Paz
 

Are there any news when El Color De La Pasion will grace our screens? Like No Creo, the show has also garnered many nominations but unlike No Creo , Color has not won anything. There seem to be many new novelas coming out including Gran Hotel which also stars Color's protagonist Erick Elias. It would be a hoot to be able to watch two Elias shows on our small screens!

Is the novela just too irrelevant to be broadcasted on TV in US due to its awards?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder