Thursday, August 27, 2015

Muchacha Italiana Viene a Casarse #2 Wed 8/26/15 Tania has a bad day

Hi patio peeps, I'm so happy to see so many old and new friends on the patio! Please feel free to join the discussion and if you can I'd love to see everyone pick a name for our discussions on the patio (aka, the comments section) it's always much nicer to call someone "Bob" instead of Anon, you know what I mean? Anyhoo, below you'll find your recap, I'm still trying to figure out the characters names so forgive me and correct me if you catch me making a mistake!

We start with Pedro who is a total kill joy! Tania wants to hang out and chill but Pedro tells her he came to Italy to work and he can't miss  his meetings, she wants them to grab dinner together but he tells her he has to think about it, all in all he's not all that nice to her and the seed of dislike starts to grow in this recapper.


Pedro opts to walk to wherever his meeting is, he is so involved in his phone that he walks straight into Fiorella and her bike, they both get up and laugh off the accident, before they part Fio takes one of her flowers and puts it in the front pocket of his suit, then she leaves him and forgets her bread and flowers, dude, you're broke, you can't afford to leave bread behind! Oooh before I forget Fio and Pedro chat for a few seconds and she learns that he is from Mexico!

In Mexico City Benito's parents (Benito works for Mr.Dragone) are discussing Tania, through them we learn that she's an actress that's always in the news not because of her acting but because of all the scandals she's involved in, it seems like it's been ages since she's been hired as an actress and the only reason her rent is paid  is because her boyfriend pays it...Benito's father insinuates that her boyfriend pays for her services...if you know what I mean. Alma ( I think) Benito's mom seems to be a fan of Tania's and sticks up for the young lady.

Back in Italia Fio comes home to Gianna, she tells her she was unable to find work, then the sisters get an e-mail from Dragone in which he asks if the messenger has arrived, the two girls have no idea what he's talking about but minutes later there's a knock on the door and a messenger is there with a small package for Fio, inside there's an engagement ring, Dragone wants to marry her, if she accepts he assures her Gianna will go to college and get the best doctors possible, Fio seriously considers the proposal but Gianna tells her it's a crazy idea to marry someone you've never, preach it sister!

The Vultures:

In Mexico City the Angele's family starts to gather for the reading of the will, two young women Roxanna, and Sonia (Osvaldo's wife) arrive at the ranch, Roxana complains that she hates her family, they are all a pain and she can't stand them. Sonia tells her not to speak that way of her family, after all they allow her to travel everywhere, we learn that dear Roxy is just returning from a trip to Vegas.

Federica over hears the conversation and tells Roxi that she feels the same way about her and that she's not even sure she's family-rumor has it she was abandoned and if not for Maximo...Roxi looks at Sonia and says that proves her point, the Angele's family is insufferable, Sonia tells her she has to put up with them because Eloisa requested they all be there for the reading of the will. Federica tells Sonia that she's not a blood member of the family and Sonia tells her that she's Osvaldo's wife and that Federica needs to respect her position within the family.

And now a character assessment as provided by Federica and her cards which say that Roxana is:
  • Superficial
  • Full of vices
  • unworthy of being trusted
Sonia also get a turn, the cards say she's:
  • ordinary
  • pretentious
  • a traitor
Federica makes it clear that it's the cards speaking, not her! Later Sonia and Osvaldo chit chat, she wonders what it would be like to inherit the house, Osvaldo tells her to keep dreaming, the old lady (Eloisa) would never give up the house and if she did she would give it to her favorite, Pedro. And the only way she'd leave the house is dead. Sonia says having to live with Eloisa would be dreadful. Then they talk about the other family members that are expected to start arriving soon, Gael arrives the next day as does Sergio (Pedro's father). Sonia wants to know where Pedro is and Osvaldo tells her he is in Italy signing new contracts, Sonia says they should be the ones there but Osvaldo tells her that Pedro has always been in charge of these things, Sonia look really unhappy.

Later we see Gael arrive at the ranch, he has some weird relationship going on with Roxana, one of the maids tells Roxi not to give Gael false hope because they are family, Roxi tells her to mind her own business and go back into the kitchen, the maid cries. I'm calling it, I bet she's Roxi's real mama.

Sergio also arrives at the ranch, he is so drunk he can't even remember the name of the young lady that was in the car with him nor can he walk in a straight line. Eloisa later tells him that he's making a fool of himself, we learn that something heavy happened with his wife that left him forever marked, he drinks and parties because he needs something to do to forget what happened. Eloisa points out that it's very convenient that the way he distracts himself is by drinking and whoring around, she has zero sympathy for him.

Eloisa has had cameras installed in the house, one of the security officers in the house Dante is up to something with Federica who wants to expose what the old lady and her husband did to her father.

Dragone is upset that he has not heard back from Fio, he thinks maybe he was too forward and Benito tells him things wont work out, Fio is only 23 and Dragone is ummm much older, but still Dragone wants to give it another shot, so he e-mails Fio again.

In Italia Tania is having a really bad time, she can't go shopping because she's afraid of getting lost, she's stuck in her room all day because Pedro does nothing but go to meetings, finally she gets fed up and plans a romantic night, she leaves a note for Pedro and tells him to meet her in the lobby of the hotel, he does and they go off to dinner, where they bump into one of the executives Pedro is working with.

The executive gives Tania the eye and asks Pedro if she's with him, Pedro denies knowing Tania! And has no objection with the guy hitting on her, that's a d*ck move Pedro! Tania leaves the restaurant in a flash, later Pedro apologizes to her but says the man knows his grandmother and he can not let her know that he is dating Tania. I feel so bad for her, she needs to dump him if he's that ashamed of her!

Fiorella is also having a hell of a time, she can't find work and Gianna is now in the hospital because without her medication she keeps getting worse. The landlord is also demanding his rent and Fio does not have the money. Finally, she is home alone and keeps thinking about Gia not getting her medications, she's determined not to let her sister die, just then she gets the e-mail Dragone sent and she replies that yes, she will marry him!

Join us tomorrow for more of the fun, if I missed anything (and I'm sure I did) or got something wrong feel free to correct me in the comments section!

Previous: Episode 1
Next: Episode 3

Labels:


Comments:
Hey Eli! Great recap girl! I miss hanging out with you all, so I caught up on the first two eppys so I could swing by. The only thing I think you missed wasthe part where Gianna feels sick. Fio takes her to the hospital and the doc tells her things are getting really bad and Gianna needs to take it easy and stick to her medical regimen. Fio asks if it would help if they moved to a place where Gianna didn't have to worry about anything i.e. money. The doc just says Fio needs to stop dreaming and get really real about the situation because it's serious.

I am so with you on Roxi and her Maid Mama! (Pilar from CME?! I think she's SO GORGEOUS!) and also Pedro being kind of a jerk. He's obviously tired of the stress of being Tania's boyfriend and too scared she'll relapse to break up with her (which is why u should not sleep with her, especially if it's just to distract her from arguing! qth?!)

I have a question: is this TN adapted from a play? I know it's got a strong Cinderella base, but some of the lines and phsyical movements and inflections really feel like they were written for the stage. Anyone else getting that vibe?
 

Don't know why I said Pilar - I meant Constanza!
 

Hella, I miss you!!!

Yes, I totally missed that scene and made everything shorter by just saying that Gia is sick and in the hospital- I had to do a recap for last nights LI so I was running short on time, that's also why this recap is up so late, please keep watching and come visit us often, or else!
 

Thank you Eli! My cable was being uncooperative last night. You've saved my butt because I NEED the early episodes and set up.

Sounds like an Agatha Christie novel. Everyone is gathering for the reading of the will and they all seem to hate each other....
 

Sara, buddy! Nice to see you, here to help! I wanted to have this recap up sooner but I got off work late and had to bum a laptop from my boyfriend and he's really distracting! I did not get the computer till after midnight! I slept on the episode and this morning was able to remember all the names, yay!
 

It's up before show time. Works for me! I wish I remembered things the next day. Lol.

Hopefully I can actually watch the episode on Hulu. But this recap is so complete I may just skip it.
 

Comment bomb

HI HELLASHELLE!

*waves like a crazy person*
 

Sara, I always want to post sooner rather than later, gah, it might be time to get my laptop fixed and get internet at home!
 

Eli, an excellent recap. Thank you for your wit and humor.

"dude, you're broke, you can't afford to leave bread behind!" was one of many great lines.

I really admire that you remembered everyone's name with this being just the second episode. I'm going to reread your recap again to see if I can put the names to the faces.

Now Tania may have her faults, but there was absolutely no excuse for the way Pedro treated her. Which was like dirt. It was bad enough he called her a tourist instead of properly introducing her but he let the man literally lick his chops and didn't seem in the least bothered by it. Reminds me of a "back alley" romance which shows my age.

Looking forward to Fio meeting Dragone. The actor is a charmer but somehow, I'm not expecting love at first sight on her part.

Diana
 

Annnnd it's Incredible Eli with another fast and furious recap. And Lordy, I'm amazed you got all the names and relationships already. You're way past me lady.

And am in total agreement, Pedro was acting abysmally last night with Tania. She's a screechy pest, whiney snd emotionally cling-y. But still! Just. Wrong. Really disgusted at the way he acted in the bar when the sleazy Italiano was trying to hit on her. Double Ugh. This is our galan? He's needs an intensive course in "caballeroismo"

Also agree that our endearingly flakey Fiorella was way negligent in leaving her bread and flowers behind. When she doesn't have a penny to her name anyway.

But, needs must. This is OUR COUPLE. So guess we'd better get on board.

Thanks for sacrificing sleep and who knows what else to give us two frisky recaps, Eli. Much appreciated.
 

Eli, thank you for the witty and enjoyable recap... and Diva for yesterday's... not to mention all those from you and the other recappers on Sombra... I'm a lurker, usually far behind, but I've ponied up for Hulu now and hope to stay current. You, Diva, Lila, Sara, and Hellashelle have provided so much humor, knowledge, and... yes, Spanish... the last few months. Saying thanks just seems inadequate.

This novela looks really good to me... I like the fairy tale vibe, and the lighter ambiance, so welcome after Sombra. I only see a couple of familiar faces, so far... Sonia was the protagonista's best friend in La Impostora, and Gael was great as Tato in Que Pobres tan Ricos. I like all the little mysteries they've already set up for us.

I agree that Pedro definitely looks like a hero with feet of clay, in the way he is treating Tania. No like!

Looking forward to the reading of the will... some drama there, I imagine. And I can't imagine how Fio will handle meeting Vittorio. Whatever, I think she'll be nice about it.

Karen
 

Thank you Eli! I so appreciate you getting this recap out...and two in one day, no less! You're amazing :D

You had me at "the seed of dislike starts to grow in this recapper." Ay, Pedro! His behavior left a lot to be desired. While, on the one hand, he seems to care enough about Tania to want her to get sober, his utter denial of her at the restaurant left me cold. Someone's going to have to give him a stern talking-to and I may be too steamed at him to do it.

Now that I have seen the way Benito interacts with his parents, I'm going to say he's probably a good guy. At the very least, he's nice to his mama. That's got to count for something.

Woo hoo, the cards are in play! OK, especially where the vultures are concerned, I'm so grateful that you gave me the character names. That's going to be helpful.

I totally agree, Roxi's mama is that maid who dotes on her despite the fact that she's such a brat.

"Sergio also arrives at the ranch, he is so drunk he can't even remember the name of the young lady that was in the car with him nor can he walk in a straight line." If he hadn't been driving the car, that would have been funny.

"Finally, she is home alone and keeps thinking about Gia not getting her medications, she's determined not to let her sister die, just then she gets the e-mail Dragone sent and she replies that yes, she will marry him!" Noooooo! Don't do it! *sigh* ok, she has to do it for the sake of the plot, and with Gianna in the hospital and no other source of income, it seems like a good idea. But if Gianna's condition is that delicate and she needs to stay calm and stuff, then this is a terrible idea! She's going to frrrrrreak!
 

Karen, welcome!

We are happy you have joined us.

No chance you are "the" Karen that's been posting for years but away the last year or so? If so, you've been highly missed and it will be wonderful to have you back.

Happy to have you here in either case.

Diana
 

Eli, so glad you are back at the patio as well as Helleshelle. Thank you for an excellent recap and sorting all the folks out for me. So far all the women are confusing, except Eloisa and Fiorella and Tania.

The story line reminds me of Picture Bride, one of my favorite movies. I look forward to seeing what everyone else has to say about the cast. Only recognize one actor, but don't have his character name down yet.

I am missing Eman, Dom and Mel, but am sure I will be at home with the new folks soon .
 

I join Diana in welcoming you, Karen. I'm so glad you've joined us. I think this will be a lot of fun. So far I am finding this to be a gorgeous production. The orchestral music is beautiful. I'm looking forward to reading your comments!
 

Hi HellaShelle! Couldn't stay away, huh :D All the references I found for this were previous telenovelas. Nothing about it being adapted from some other source that I can find. Maybe someone has more info....

Sara, I suddenly don't blame grandma for not wanting all of the family in one place. Somebody better be frisking them for weapons at the door and serving all meals on paper plates with plastic cutlery!

Eli, I can't believe you remembered all the names from one day to the next! Plus got a recap done in the presence of your distracting boyfriend ;)

Diana, I'm getting steamed at Pedro all over again! He couldn't have just said "Oh, we just met" and introduced her?

JudyB, "This is OUR COUPLE. So guess we'd better get on board." That's going to take some work. Or some wine. I'll have to try that and see how it goes. In the interests of science, of course.

Awwwww, Prismaticity, thank you! It is a lighter ambience, as you say, and they're getting right into the intrigue of the family drama and the marriage proposal so it's not one-note. It's good to see you again!

emeraldrose, those three younger ones are probably going to give me a lot of trouble. If Fernanda is reading the cards, that's probably the best cue I have, but the other two don't seem to have any distinguishing characteristics.
 

Hey, Eli! Thank you, girl! Get back with you later!
 

Thank you everyone for your kind words! I'm liking this one so far but man at 166 episodes we are in for one long and I'm sure crazy trip!

I still can't get over Pedro's treatment of Tania, ok, she might be annoying but at least be a grown up and dump her!
 

thanks, Eli. wow..There are so many people.I do not know if I can keep everyone straight.

Isn't Benito the Nikki's boytoy who sore the red pants and high heeled sneakers in AV ?

I think the galan is cute.

The old dude wanting to marry the very young girl...not good.

The weaving drunk guy. Ew
 

Eli - Thank you for the great recap! I'm posting from my iPhone because tacky hotel wants to charge for Wifi. Bummer since I lugged my iPad all the way to Chicago and I'm too cheap to pay for the Wifi. So,,, won't try to type any more just thank you again!
 

Doris, boooo, hisss! I'm glad you made it to the patio!

OMG, thanks Susanlynn, so that's who he is! I could not figure it out!
 

Gracias Eli

Love Livia Brito, Jose Ron, not so much.

So far, so MANY things wrong. Why would Pedro take Tania with him if he is going to be working all the time? Then deny that she is his girlfriend??? And why would Pedro even want a lush for a girlfriend?

Marriage by e-mail???? I know, Russian brides etc.

I'll never get the vultures straight.

Scenery is fantastic!!!

Fingers crossed for a decent novela. Otherwise, it's back to Chris Mathews.
 

Eloisa,I knew that voice, La Paisana from Pasion, but she sure looks different.
 

Eli, thank you so much for the great recap of Premiere Week day two. Take-away impression of Pedro after denying he knows his girlfriend: thumbs down. That would drive a girl to drink!
I know tonight's ep is already airing on the East Coast, just wanted to check in and say "Thanks!"

J in Oregon
Ciao!
 

Sorry to be late to the party. Fantastic recap, Eli. Thank you for being so thorough, even with another recap to do.

ITA with you all. I was so shocked by the way Pedro denied Tania. If he can't introduce the washed up lush actress to his grandma, then he shouldn't be dating her. I think he brought her to Italy just to make sure she stays away from the booze.
 

Popping back in to say hi to everyone! I was away for a day, but I've been so busy I feel like I haven't gotten a chance to really appreciate you lovelies in over a week!

Really intrigued by 1) what happened to Federicka's father and 2) how the heck Roxana ended up where she did (love child, I guess?)

It's funny to me that Sonia is more malevolently ambitious about taking Pedro's position than Osvaldo, who just seems to resent his authority and position as faveorite grandbaby.
 

Thank you, Eli! Wondrous recap which will definitely serve as a reference for keeping up with the action! Echo Variopinta's questions and everyone's dismay at how Pedro treated Tania. Jerky for sure! You and Diva have set us up really well in this premiere week!

Grazie!
 

Eli this Is good so far. Thanks much. Those family Members are s boat load of fun. I wonder who will kill who first to get the inheritance They don't deserve. Granny is on time for them.
She don't trust any of them.
Fiorella has her hands full, and now she has
To deal with those numnuts.
 

Variopinta, thank you for pointing out who Eloisa is! Gosh, I could have sworn she was shorter as La Paisana! Maybe it's the updo.
 

Gracias Eli! You manage to make things crystal clear for me since I had big issues understanding Cesar Bono's ( Benito's dad) accent, I don't have any hopes understanding it by myself. The characters are interesting so far . Federica had me almost out of my chair when she said " Oh I am not saying that, the cards did!" . The hate must really be running deep in that family. Only Sergio and Gael are the normal ones. Why does Eloisa hate the family so much besides that they are vultures? There must be some hidden reason. Maybe because Federica's dad was murdered and Sergio's wife died?

If the rent guy was a Class A jerk than Pedro is Class S. Seriously he is treating Tania like gutter trash. , is a fun-hater and is a workaholic. Like the Joker would ask " Why so serious?"

I also have to thank the recappers for easing navigation by putting links of previous/next recaps. I am thinking of implementing that in Yo No Creo as well.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder