Monday, August 31, 2015

¿Qué nos cuenta, Caray, Caray!?

Hola Carayites!

Last week on Caray, Caray!...

Oh, we are soooo out of the shadows.  Adios, La Sombra del Pasado and "Benvenuti!" Muchacha Italiana Viene A Casarse.

This week on Caray, Caray!...

Amores con Trampa  is coming to a close in late September, to be followed by Antes Muerta Que Lichita on September 22 (see below for more details).

Coverage continues for  Lo Imperdonable, and the team is welcoming a new recapper, AuntyAnn for Wednesdays.

Yo No Creo En Los Hombres and La Vecina round out the slate for Univision.  Talk about all things Telemundo (and more!) including Bajo El Mismo Cielo, El Señor de los Cielos 3, and Avenida Brasil here.

Here's the news we have about proximas...

Antes Muerta Que Lichita - Producer: Rosy Ocampo - Stars: Maite Perroni - Airs on Univision September 22, 2015 - Original story.

El Señor de los Cielos 4 - Producer: ? - Stars: ? - Season 3 currently airing on Telemundo - Plot: ?

Pasion y Poder - Producer: ? - Stars: Susana Gonzalez (P), Jorge Salinas (P), Michelle Renaud (P), Marlene Favela (A), Fernando Colunga (A), Danilo Carrera - Following Lo Imperdonable (tentative) - "Two powerful families linked by old and new loves. A past that made them rivals and a present that links them back together." (Jarocha)

A Que No Me Dejas - Producer: ? - Stars: Leticia Calderon, Arturo Peniche, Alfredo Adame, Camila Sodi, Osvaldo Benavides - Univision airdates unknown - Remake of Amor en Silencio

Simplemente Maria - Producer: ? - Stars: Claudia Alvarez, Jose Ron, Fernando Valencia - Univision airdates unknown - Remake of Simplemente Maria

Doña Barbara - Producer: ? - Stars: Aracely Arambula - Telemundo airdates unknown - Remake of Doña Barbara

La Querida del Centauro - Producer: ? - Stars: Ludwika Paleta, Michel Brown, Humberto Zurita - Telemundo airdates unknown - Plot: ?

Quien es Quien - Producer: ? - Stars: Danna Paola, Eugenio Siller - Telemundo airdates unknown - Plot: ?

Lazos de Amor remake - Producer: ? - Stars: Angelique Boyer, Sebastian Rulli, Lucero - Univision airdates unknown - Remake of Lazos de Amor



In general blog news, Project Gimme Back My Feeds continues.

This weekend, we added the new feed view for:

Mentir Para Vivir
Corazon Indomable
Porque El Amor Manda
and La Tempestad

You can find these and all the other shows and features that have the new feed view available on the sidebar, typically with the word "index" in the link.

Your sidebar is looking a little different--we did some rearranging and added a few new features.  The Telemundo discussions are now in the same section with the current shows.  There are jump links in place for the Current Shows, Previous Shows, and the new General Interest section.  The General Interest section itself was added, as a convenient way to find posts like this one , Weekend Discussions, Vocabulary, the list of recommended telenovelas, and anything else that's blog-wide rather than belonging to a specific show.  The archive has been converted to a dropdown box.

If you should happen to find that anything in the sidebar isn't working or if you have any other technical issues with the blog, please let me know!

Recapper Sara is putting together a Caray, Caray! glossary and wants to know: What phrases, acronyms, etc. would you like to see defined/explained?  You're welcome to email her directly with "Caray Glossary" in the subject line if you'd like.

The idea of Caray,Caray! awards was discussed on the Muchacha Italiana thread to be presented in January, with awards for shows, recaps, and comments.  How would this work? Well, that's what we have to figure out. What the categories are, what shows are eligible, how to gather nominations for the various categories, and how to handle voting. First thing is probably to get a committee of 4-5 people together who are willing to work on this and establish a timeline.

Ok, now...your turn!  Do you have any updates to the proximas list?  Got any community news?  Recommendations for shows, movies, music, or books that may appeal to your fellow telenovela fans?  Let's hear it!  (Remember to keep it spoiler-free and gossip-free.)

9-4-15  Blog news: Help needed!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Wow!! You are awesome! Every week the blog gets more and more of the feeds back! That is so much work and it's wonderful that you are doing all this for us.

I don't know how many people have the Univsion channel TLnovelas as part of their cable package, but "Mariana de la noche" starts September 7. I know it's been mentioned on the blog before.

Also, if anyone gets TVN (Chile's national channel), a great mystery novela started last Wednesday "Esa no soy yo". A woman is forced to assume her her twin's identity to solve a murder. The first 5 chapters are on YouTube.

Thank you again, Diva.
 

Thank you, Sara! There are about 50 more of the older shows to go. It's fascinating to me to look back at some of the recaps of shows I missed...or even shows I recapped but have apparently blocked out!
 

Gracias 5ft

My telenovio Fernando Colunga is back & as the antagonist, yea. What more can I ask FC & Jorge Salinas in the same novela.
 

You guys are putting so much work into this that it is really making the site so much easier to navigate.

Note
Variopinta (fellow Fernandina Colunga and Mauricio Islas buddy)

:I started watching 'Prisionera" with Gaby Spanic (STUD) and Mauricio Islas (AR). Oh my gosh I couldn't keep my eyes off Mauricio until I find out that Telemundo replaced him about 40 chapters from the end of the novela with Gabriel Porras? The 50+ episodes I watched were superb.

Islas seemed to get into a little bit of trouble with underage Génesis Rodríguez who it seemed was throwing herself at him (for script purposes) through almost the entire 50 episodes I watched. It would take a man of steel to resist I guess.

Now I'm stuck not knowing the rest of the story. .. ..

How about FC as a bad guy? Looking so forward to that. But JS has a smile to melt your heart.

Apologies if this is wrong posting place.
 

***** sorry Fernando. Damn autocorrect.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Supposedly, Danilo Carrera from El Gordo y La Flaca is going to play FC's son in the new one.
 

Thanks Diva

I'm really looking forward to the Caray Caray awards - I like the idea and being able to vote for the best will be better than watching the televised rewards and wondering what they were thinking

I hope we get fun categories like Best Bed Head or Scariest Smile or Character You Most Want To Hit



 

Thank you, Variopinta, Victoria, and Nanette! Nanette, I will add that scoop!
 

Thank you, sneaky two shoes! "Character You Most Want To Hit" oh, there would be some serious contenders there!
 

Oh yeah - I saw Danilo Carrera in Cosita Linda, he's quite a good young actor. He can go from charming, to crazy evil, to charming and endearing again without my needing to tighten my beanie to buy it. I have no idea what kind of character he'll be playing in Pasion y Poder, (?) but I think he'll do well
 

Yeah Diva, we might have to do first through fifth places on some categories
 

Thanks for doing this 5ft Latina!

Great idea about the Caray Caray awards. Can't wait for that.

Pasion y Poder looks interesting. I haven't watched a TN with Colunga since "Manana es Para Siempre". Looking forward to this one.

Hasta Pronto
 

Thank you, AuntyAnn! I think PyP is going to get quite a lot of attention...when we finally get to see it!
 

Victoria, you should have stayed with that TN, I love Gabriel Porras. I'm watching him at 9PM on Telemundo, "Bajo el mismo cielo" if you want to reevaluate.
 

I just checked out Danilo Carrera, he is adorable & even looks like he could be FC's son.
 

Varopinta,
Thank you so much for the advice. I know it's stupid, but for the past few nights, I haven't been able to get that TN out of my mind. I am especially curious about what happens when Guadalupe's secret is revealed. Does he or does he not stay with her?
Not watching it in it's entirety has left me anxious.
So after 'Bajo la Misma Piel', back I'll go because of your much appreciated advice.
Thanks for passing the tip on.
 

P y P follows Lo imperdonable according to Wiki
 

Wiki should be taken with a grain of salt, they've been saying ECDLP was going to air for months now, and we have yet to see it. We'll know when the monkeys in charge of programming pick a name out of the hat.
In Mexican news, "Antes Muerte que Lichita" is tanking right out the gate, with a 4% drop in ratings over the first week. 18% for ep 1-14% for ep 5. I don't know how Mexican ratings work exactly, but a steep drop that quickly can't be good.
 

Rain,
You bring up some very good points about Univision's nonsensical programming.
Nobody in their right mind would think a novela with MP would succeed right after her bomb in La Gata. Has she even made a good novela since CCEA?

I wish someone would explain why they don't pull some novelas with terrible ratings and replace them with a repeat, which get anyway or move the novela to a late hour as they did with CA 2009 (I think I am the only one who loved ! loved! CS 09 but and liked the earlier version also, probably much much more.

Their production acceleration is so tight that they hardly have time to do a proper editing job before rushing a TN to air.
If I could, I'd start a campaign to make Univision understand the likes and dislikes of their viewers. I'm tired of the same old actors too.
Rant over.
 

Rain, I even take the promo announcements they air on the network with a grain of salt! Which maybe they're getting a little better about, but the last-minute rescheduling of La Gata doesn't feel like it happened that long ago.

The ratings and the quality of the show don't always go hand-in-hand. Plus, everyone has different likes--as you point out, Victoria, you enjoyed the '09 Corazon Salvaje. So for people who just love Maite no matter what she does, or are intrigued by the promise of an original story, they might enjoy Lichita (and will hopefully want to volunteer to help recap it!), despite the awful ratings.
 

We've got two people on the awards committee (me and Eli.)

If you are interested please email. My email is in my profile.
 

Licita is a no go for me, Maite just leaves me cold. She is pretty & looks similar to Ana Brenda, but at least Ana Brenda can act.

The upcoming Senora Acero 2 is also out for me. Just the previews show Blanca Soto has been skipping acting classes.
 

Varopinta
You think Blanca has been too busy keeping Fernando busy?
 

Thank you Kat.

Señora Acero and Dueños Del Paraiso have been added to Nefflix with English subs.
 

Sorry typo meant to say Netflix.
 

Will also add "Sin Senos no Hay Paraiso" to the Netflix Eng subbed list, though that one won't actually be available till the 15th. Netflix has been stepping up with their telenovela content lately, I've been having a blast with "Teresa" on there.
 

I just read on Telenovela-world that Corona de Lagrimas is rerunning at 1AM/12C starting September 16. I missed it the first time around so I might try and watch it. I'll add one more visitor stat to Vivi's synopsis post. :-)
 

Blog news: http://caraycaray.blogspot.com/2015/09/help-needed.html
 

Sara--Rather than Corona de Lagrimas, which wasn't recapped, try Preciosa Perla on Telemundo. It's soooo worth it--richly done, great acting, captivating story line. Deb did highlights, with some depth of the first week (10 episodes). It's on from 12-2, if you can save it.

Sara, I'm going to try to find Mariana de la Noche (w/Jorge Salinas and Alejandra Barros). I'll try to forget it's a Mejia and just remember it's "Rogelio" in a younger skin and two good legs.
 

Thanks for the tip, Anita! Is Preciosa Perla a dubbed Brazilian TN?
 

Hi, Sara
Yes, it's dubbed, but believe me, they have done an admirable job of dubbing. And, I'm one of those who doesn't like dubbed movies (especially French ones). But, after the cacophony on Avenida Brasil, this one is much quieter and more easily understood.
 

Sara, I looked for Univision's TLnovelas in my cable plan, but I don't have it, apparently. I'm not giving up, though. I did find two of Jorge Salinas' movies showing this week: La Otra Familia and Labios Rojos. I liked La Otra Familia a lot--some may not--he and Luis Roberto Guzmán play a gay couple who sort of inherit a little boy. Nailea Norvind from MIVC is in it, too.
 

Anita-I did watch about 4 minutes worth of Preciosa Perla on the Telemundo app and I might watch a little more. It is gorgeous. I've still got scads of YNCELH, Bajo and Esa yo no soy to watch. Lol. Clearly my hobby is TNs.
 

Anita try Youtube for Mariana de la Noche.
 

Victoria--I have the chopped DVD and watched it. I did want to watch the whole thing, but not sitting at my computer. My easy chair in the living room is much more comfy. I'll give it a whirl, though--after I finish re-watching CME on YouTube and reading the recaps and the comments. It's like a whole new tn for me!!!! Can't believe how much I missed the first go-around.

I'm also watching the re-run of Un Refugio. It comes on here at 1 am and I save it. It hasn't lost its class since the first showing.
 

Anita, do you mean "Un Refugio Para el Amor" with Gabriel Soto? I missed it o on tv and now they've taken it down from Hulu.

I watched CME and La Mentira, hard to say which one was the best. Love both KdC and SN.

I'm so glad Viewerville is making comments about TN on Netflix. I didn't even know they carried tn. Now Hulu is nothing but cartoons and narco-novelas
 

Victoria - Yes it is on right now on Univision. They are more than halfway through now. I wish I had known to be able to tell you.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder