Wednesday, December 17, 2014

La Gata #77 - Wed 12/17 - La Vibora

In Blanca's assessment, she keeps saying Augie's her husband.  She vaguely remembers other things, like the dump and the shack/outhouse, and her roses, and that she'd like to see her daughter.

Dorila is hanging a painting on a freshly-painted wall in Augie and Lo's apartment.  Gisela shows up and Lo tells her they've had nothing but bad luck since she showed up--Augie's in jail!  He's accused of kidnapping, and Lo really doesn't know what to believe.  But she believes the worst of Gisela, and she's sure this has something to do with plotting that Augie and Gisela did together.

Esme and Fer spy on Blanca's assessment.  Doesn't anyone on this show have a sense of ethics or respect for other people's privacy?  Blanca remembers Esme, but calls her Renata.  She thought Fer had "Renata" locked up.  Blanca continues her mixed-up babbling and Esme just hugs her and doesn't say anything.  Not even "Trust me, mom, it's this guy who's your husband, not the wacko in the cell."



Augie thought bubbles to himself about how he's going to destroy everyone because now he can't have Blanca.

Blanca is back at the house, where she wonders if "the bad man" is the one who hurt Esme's legs.  And oh, BTW, she still thinks Augie is her husband, even though Esme tells her he's not.  Esme gives her a doll.  I don't know if she's the original Renata doll.  She sings to Fela, and I have to give Maite mad props for staying meticulously on-key while singing a capella while lying in bed.

Pablo still doesn't think his dad done it.  *sigh*  Fernando says Pablo's never seen evil, so he doesn't know how to recognize it (subtext: or you'd know your dad is evil).  Esme is happy that they didn't all dissolve into fighting again.  Don't tempt fate.

Pablo is impressed with Esme's ability to transfer into and out of the wheelchair without help.  He wonders if they should find a different "Institute" since he'd rather she not go back to the one with all the hot doctors.  And here we go with the ridiculous arguing.  She accuses Pablo of wanting her to give up on her dreams.  She neither confirms nor denies that she already knew Doc Hottie has the hots for her, when we know she was told by 3 different people, including the man himself.  She brushes off his refusal to let Pablo talk to her because "well, those are the rules."  Pablo tells her she's avoiding all the problems the rest of them are going through by locking herself away in a "make-believe world."  He asks if she thinks this little bit of time will be enough for Fela…or him…or the kids.  Since he can't change her mind, he decides to just shut up and accept her decision…to go back there tomorrow, first thing in the morning.  *sigh*

Fer's detective, who is the same one Monica hired, tells Fer about the shack.  He figures there should be some proof there.

Esme gives Fela a pep talk before leaving her alone in the house with a bunch of people she doesn't know and a man she thinks is The Devil.  *sigh*

Fer commiserates with Mariano about how hard this must be for him, going with the cops to check out the shack.  Mariano says whatever they find, he'll accept it.  There are no clues at the shack.  Nothing but an old desk, the way Lo told the detective.

Augie gets home and complains that of course he was set free, he's innocent!  Mariano points out that there wasn't evidence, which isn't the same thing…plus El Sil is keeping the case open and they're going to keep looking for proof.  Did they knock out the countertop while they were doing the painting?  Where did that table come from?  And why switch wall art from one day to the next?  Lo asks Augie if it's true and he did kidnap Sil's wife, and if she's the woman he's been lusting after.

Back at The Institute, Esme chews out the Doc for not letting Pablo talk to her when it was an emergency.  "You accepted that those were the rules!"  He tries to make this about how it's not good to get upset, or some nonsense like that, which is his excuse for not letting Pablo see her.  So, instead of venting her righteous anger, Esme takes a deep breath and tells him she's not upset.  Nice emotional manipulation, doc.  She reminds him that he told her this wasn't a prison and tells him that next time one of her crew come by to see her, he'd better assume it's for a good reason.  Doc agrees.  So, do all the other cultists get phone and visitation privileges now, too?  I dislike this place more with every passing episode.

Augie says "Oh, please!  I don't fall in love with crazy women…well, there are always exceptions."  Lo thinks his new attitude is due to his "impossible love."  She's convinced Blanca is the one Augie wants.  But, how to prove it?

Esme doesn't seem to have told the Doc that Gisela wasn't part of her crew.  And since Doc Hottie is trying to be extra good so his favorite cultist won't leave, Gisela sweet-talks him into letting her talk to Esme.

Esme and her new BFF look at fabric samples and talk about how her novio is anxious to get married ASAP.  Virginia shows up as the others in the room conveniently make their exits.  Doc Hottie apparently sent her to take Marina to…a new treatment.  So she can be alone with Gisela.  Who spews her usual venom.  I can live with a miraculous recovery if the first thing Esme does when getting her ability to walk back is deliver a roundhouse kick to Gisela's head.

Garabato tried to ask Rita about Ines, but she kicked him out.  Centavito tries to get him to go back to school, for Ines…AND YOUR KID!

Gisela dodges the question about the snake in the hospital.  She's there to try to get Esme to get El Sil to back off the accusation that Augie kidnapped Fela.  It's a favor she's doing her, you see, because if this continues, Pablo will end up disliking her and then Gisela will get her hooks into him.  She's all heart, that Gisela.

Garabato is all excited about being a daddy.  He figures Ines is thrilled as well, but then he's not sure it's true.

More senseless spouting from Gisela.  Doc Hottie hears the tail end of her ranting and throws her out.  And now he uses this as an excuse for why the rules have to be followed.  Esme makes a grumpy face.  How about you make a "Screw this, I'm going home and hiring Doc Gringo and Doc David to be my round-the-clock personal doctors" face, Esme?

Garabato visits Ines, but she tries to give him the brush-off.  He just wants to know if she's really knocked up.  Pro tip: When you say "Who told you?" you're pretty much giving away the answer.  She thinks it's too late for the two of them, her life is ruined, there's no going back.  She yells at Rita, who just arrived, for spilling the frijoles.  Now that they're both there, she announces to them her decision….

Doc Hottie visits Pablo, because I like nothing so much as the men in a woman's life making decisions for her and talking behind her back.    Doc denies that it would be better for Esme to live at home.  He'll never let Gisela in again.  And Pablo's love for Esme is selfish.  And Pablo's being jealous because he sees Doc as a rival.  "Well, you are in love with her, aren't you?"  Yeah, Doc, aren't you?

Virginia is excited about a letter Esme received.  It's from the owner of a jewelry store who wants Esme to work for him from The Institute.  The wonderful Institute, where Esme can continue learning and get a degree online and make jewelry like she'd never have been able to do anywhere else!  Oh, wait….

Doc says Esme is exceptional and he wants nothing more than her happiness.  "What is that, if not love?" asks Pablo.  Doc CLAIMS her loves Esme unselfishly.  Pablo calls him on his lack of ethics.  "Well, I'm a man too.  I've done nothing wrong as a doctor."  And, here we have some wisdom from Mr. 5ft, who only caught the words "doctor" and "man" and yet made the astute observation…"Yes, I'm a doctor, but I'm a man first and the penis rules!"   Pablo tells Doc that love and money can't be hidden.  "I've only dedicated myself to Esme because she's alone…in her world of paralysis.  No one in this house can understand her the way we can."  He says if she leaves now, she won't know how to be a wife and a mother?  Say what?!  He promises not to tell Esme he loves her.  Didn't he do that the other night?  Pablo says Doc has an unfair advantage because he knows how to talk to Esme, person with a disability to person with a disability.  I…can't…deal…with…this…CRAP!  Pablo says he'll talk to Gisela.  Oh, for f-- What do you think that's going to do?

Rita is outraged over Ines' decision…Garabato thinks he should get a say.  Ines says she can free the baby, even if no one can free her.  Oh, she's decided to give it up in adoption.  Ines doesn't want to give it to Rita and have it treated the way Esme and Carlos were.  Oh, so she noticed, huh.

Unproductive conversation between Pablo and Gisela.  "Even if you were the last woman on earth, I still wouldn't marry you."  "But, but, but…you're helping those people attack your own family."  "That 'cripple' is worth 1,000 of you.  Stay the hell away from her."  Oh, like that's going to work.  Gisela's the kid who's not really interested in building a sand castle with all the other kids so much as knocking it over to watch them cry.  All you did was make it more fun for her, Pabs.

Esme and the bestie…I think her name is Mariana…have graduated to entire BOLTS of fabric.  She wants to have some fun, and she's heard there are a couple of seamstresses knocking about the place.  Doc says she can do whatever she wants to.  And now I think I know the reason we're here.  So Esme can throw a prom.  Let's see if my prediction pans out.

Damian, there you are!  El Sil trusts him with all his worldly goods and he's sure Esme would, too.  Damian doesn't seem too happy about this, but I guess when your boss says he's giving you all his stuff, you kind of have to go along with it, right?

Esme writes to Pablo on her tablet.  She says she understands his jealousy, and even though she doesn't think it's justified, she understands it as a demonstration of his love.  I would break down the many ways that sentence is just SO WRONG for you, but the nonsense is making my eyelid twitch furiously, so I think I'd better wrap this up.  Tuning out Esme…talking about walking again.  Tuning out Pablo…whining about missing her.  Parallel bars montage with voiceover about walking again.

Jarocha brings the babies to hang out with Pablo in the living room.  He brags about being able to carry them both at once like their mom does.  And like I suspect no one should be able to do with a pair of babies who are nearly a year old.

Esme waxes rhapsodic about how wonderful The Institute is.  Virginia calls them a family.  Esme says everyone's so determined to succeed here, just like her, and she's definitely determined to get ahead…and WALK!  She and Virginia giggle.  I glare.

Tomorrow: I was wrong--costume party.  Drugged drinks.  Naked people.

44 to go

Previous: Episode 76
Next: Episode 78

Labels:


Comments:
I think that maybe, perhaps, if I were in a wheelchair, at "The Institute" and had to listen to Esme's constant cheerful babble about how she's going to walk again, I might snap. Especially if I heard the story about how she decided to do it without surgery because a snake bit her and she thought that was a bad omen.

I also think that maybe, perhaps, this show has ruined Daniel and Marcelo for me.

44 episodes to bring it back on track or just ride it off the cliff.
 

Oh they are going to ride this shit off a cliff.

I only watched the last 30 minutes, but that was enough to piss me off.

These people are all a bunch of morons.

I don't even have words anymore. Thank heaven for the awesome recaps. Eli, Kat and Lila are killing it.
 

Thanks 5ft for the wonderful recap!

My favorite line from tonight:

Augie to Lorenza - "I don't fall in love with locas" *looks at Lorenza* "Well there are exceptions".

I think it was the same Renata doll. Esme must have gotten it back from the dump where Blanca buried it.

So the investigation of the "warehouse" consisted of just looking in and nothing else. Shouldn't they have at least done a more deep investigation of the place? Perhaps searched for fingerprints?

The previews...Que Horror! I think we all know where this is going. Sigh.
 

Don't leave yourself out, Sara!

Nice to see you 'round these parts, Mauricio! That little bit with the doll and the sudden handing over of assets to Damian have the faint whiff of editing to me.
 

Well I didn't think it would sound good to say "I'm killing it" . I have to at least try to pretend to be humble. *snort*

Greetings Mauricio! Are you a Gataholic as well?
 

Oh, and I forgot to officially thank you for wading around in tonight's mierda and actually making some chicken salad (conventional wisdom says that you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.)
 

*sigh* I try. I'm having a particularly hard time with "The Institute." It feels so much like they're trying to make a statement, but then they contradict themselves. Having the dubiously-ethical Doctor falling for Esme is only compounding the problem.
 

Kat, another fabulous recap. "Just ride it off the cliff", indeed. Think I'll add full body armor to the beanie, so I'm prepared. Love all the comments--thanks, gang.

Have we ever seen so many people at cross purposes with one another? Or does that happen in every TN?
 

Kat--a great recap! My thanks to you and all the faithful recappers and Patio peeps. Some days I come home from work and the Patio is my soft place to fall.

Speaking of falling, that was a brutal scene with Gisela taunting Esme. Is there no security camera in the public areas of the Instituto for the Differently Able-d?

I'm so annoyed with Pablo! He has no right to browbeat Esme into leaving the IDA (see above). No matter what he is saying these days, I want to scream "Just shut up, Baby-Face!"

There are so many tantalizing storylines that have been dropped; really I wish we could just write our own plot.

J in Oregon
 

Gracias, La Paloma! I keep thinking this one is just THE WORST, but it might be because I'm in the middle of it and I've blocked out previous ones that were worse! Good luck with the body armor

Gracias, J! For all that Doc Hottie is placing such a premium on "protecting" people, it's surprising there aren't cameras. Then again, maybe it's only Esme he feels the need to protect?

They're doing a terrific job lately of putting a lot of nonsense in Pablo and Esme's mouths when they're near each other. Sometimes they're barely having the same conversation.

I agree, I'm annoyed with Pablo and his reasoning, but I'm also annoyed with Esme for insisting on going back to that particular place where she knows (despite her attempt at making an innocent face) the guy in charge has a thing for her and it's affecting his judgment.
 

I meant to say that I just couldn't muster up any pity for Ines last night. Yeah after all she's done she should be in jail but her running up to Esme in a very public place and waving a gun around was just stupid.
 

Thanks, 5ft. Your faithful and funny recaps are always such a hoot.

So it was beneath Augie and Lorenza to do anything about that tattered wall in their apartment, and it fell to Dorila to bring the place up to snuff?

I think the women's prison needs a new grounds keeper.

Sure didn't look like Esme's session on the parallel bars demonstrated any improvement in her legs. She seemed to be getting a great upper body workout, though. Have the surgery, for God's sake.

So Ines' felonious, uneducated dumbass of a boyfriend is excited about becoming a father while the mother is to spend years behind bars? Yeah, that's cool. Bound to be a strong family unit with all that going for them.

David
 

Diva. Thank you. Gracias, de verdad. I ff>> through all the Gisela scenes but you had to watch them, don't blame you if you didn't. I'm running out of words to express my contempt for this .story. Damian ought to remember his past in the dump, rip a whole in El Sil's assets and get the hell up outta that nuthouse. El Sil deserves nothing less. AND it would make as much sense as everything else that has happened. Dumb ass! STILL refusing to tell the truth about his identity! This could ground loca Fela from of her latest flight over the coo coo's nest. The Institute bugs me too. I could go on.

Well. At least the previews made me laugh a real laugh, not one of derision. Recapping should be fun tonight!
 

David-Your comments always crack me up!! I had the same thought about Esme's work on the parallel bars. Her legs didn't seem to do much, but I'm not a PT so what do I know? You hit the nail on the head "Have the surgery, for God's sake."


 

Gata-ites- I am not watching this dreck, but am reading the recaps each day. Kat- This recap cracked me up, and Mr. 5 Ft.'s comment about hot doc made me spew tea on my computer: "Yes, I'm a doctor, but I'm a man first and the penis rules!" LOL! That is sidebar worthy. :)
 

Now my "Please prove you're not a robot" test is to click on the check box next to "I'm not a robot." Anybody else get the feeling maybe they're underestimating robots?

Sara, I did appreciate that even though Ines was feeling sorry for herself, she's wasn't blaming anybody else, and is trying to do something "right" for once. I can respect that. Of course, maybe today she'll be blaming it all on Esme again, who knows.

David, gracias! I don't know what is up with the sudden redecorating at Casa Augie & Lo. Interesting point about the prison grounds--all that grass and weeds makes a convenient place to hide contraband.

The parallel bar exercise baffled me. Maybe it really is about upper-body strength, which is probably going to be essential to getting around in a wheelchair...except she says she wants to walk again, so wouldn't a better exercise be to just stand there, holding the bars, letting her legs take on an increasing amount of weight while using her upper body to compensate? Seems like they didn't bother to consult any doctors, surgeons or physical therapists in the making of this show. Much less anyone who's even been to physical therapy. Or been in a wheelchair. Or watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy. Or did a search on Web MD. Or Googled....

Lila, thank you, and I'm looking forward to your recap of tonight's hot mess. Show no mercy! I like your thought about Damian. He did have kind of a funny look on his face during that conversation. Like somehow he planned this whole thing to get his hands on the money. It would be so far out of character for him that I could just see them try it!

Vivi, I'm just happy to have you check in! It's amazing what he comes up with sometimes when barely watching and barely understanding!
 

Kat - Thanks. It is nice to be arround here again.

Sara - Yes. I'm a Gataholic too.

Tonight should be fun. Can't wait.
 

I confess I can't NOT watch an episode. I'm willing to skip maybe the first half, but I HAVE to watch at least the end of every episode.

I can't wait to see what tonight brings and as we get closer and closer to the end (44!) I keep hoping it stops feeling like spinning the wheels and something REALLY happens.
 

Thank you, thank you, thank you for doing the recap so I don't have to watch. This thing is so bad that we should get paid by Televisa for watching, they still owe me for CI and QBA
 

Thanks Diva---Even though you didn't enjoy it, we like reading your recaps, well the gringo does anyway.

It must be hard to be a goddess. Men are falling for her everywhere
she goes. Even people that can't see her fall under her spell. What's with that?

So tonight we get the old novela trick---drug the guy or girl and when they pass out, put them in a bed and take a picture. It works in every novela so why would this one be any different?

David you cracked me up yesterday.
I forgot about the underground illegal documentation business her
in LA. Yes it's true, you can get
any kind of document or fake degree that you have money to pay for. Drivers license, passport, Physical Therapy degree, anything.
A lot of money changes hands down on Alvarado St.

Esme will be shocked to see her beloved Pablo in bed with ?
Can't wait to see where this is going.
the gringo
 

Gringo- In at least one tn, that trick didn't work. There were many things that bugged me about Monse in Lo Que La Vida Me Robo, but every time she found her man in a compromising situation with that beyotch Maria, she realized it was a trick (although her dopey husband kept falling into Maria's traps). Including when she found an unconscious Alejandro in Maria's bed. She saw through it, slapped Maria around, packed up her addled man, and took him home. Recently in Reina de Corazones, Reina also went straight to the beyotch and confronted her about the faked lovemaking photos the villainess sent. But, I'm not expecting such common sense from Esme.
 

I just hope Gisela doesn't claim a pregnancy. I don't think they will actually do the deed, but there will be enough to make it look like it.
 

Oh. That was speculation on my part.
 

Amen, Vivi! Esme will probably be a dunderhead and fall for it.
 

I think I keep watching all the episodes in the hope that they'll make more sense that way. It's not working.

Thanks, Eli! Hahaha--those jerks! When I think about the double episodes of QBA! Ugh!

gringo, I'm glad you're enjoying them. I wonder if Maite has this problem in real life or if it's just her characters? It's bad enough pretending to have men fall all over you every day without it happening off-set too!

I have a funny feeling that Esme is going to head directly for the wrong conclusion and that Lorenza, of all people, is the one who's going to try to talk some sense into her. With her recent realization that Gisela is bad news, I could see that happening.
 

Kat, this is fab, what would we do without you guys?

"Esme and the bestie…I think her name is Mariana…have graduated to entire BOLTS of fabric."

Busy day and late to the patio and thanks ya'll for making sense of nonsense.

The Doc ain't hot anymore but just creepy and think if Pablo is jealous of that guy what would happen if Esmeralda were to become a college coed. Dude would be busting up study groups and menacing professors.

Couldn't those cops tell the love shack was like, 10 x 12 and one room and locked from the outside so why the drawn guns upon entry? Hell, they could have just looked through the glassless window.

Esmeralda will definitely drag holes in the toes of her stylish boots with her parallel bar technique. She needs a coach

Can you imagine the chiggers in that tall grass at the prison?

 

Thanks, 5ft. Fun recap.

Glad Fela is back home, and I thought it might be safe to watch again. But now drugged drinks are coming? Oh noes.
 

Actually Kat I find these episodes make the most sense in the recaps.
 

Gracias, tofie! Your observations are hilarious, as always, but this one got me thinking: "Couldn't those cops tell the love shack was like, 10 x 12 and one room and locked from the outside so why the drawn guns upon entry? Hell, they could have just looked through the glassless window." Is it possible it's not the right shack? I mean, I know the PI followed him out there, it just seems weird that there are no signs of human habitation in the place and now there's a desk in it. I guess somehow Diogenes was contacted and told to clean the place out?

Thanks, Niecie! I'm not looking forward to the inevitable fallout of drugged, naked Pablo.

Sara, I think that's born of our need to make some sense out of things, so we try to write it in a way that's more coherent that what we actually saw. Or something like that.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder