Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hasta El Fin Del Mundo #70 11/24/14 Some Have Dreams, Others Have Nightmares

From Friday:
Fausto tells Greta that she valued her prejudices more than love.
Paco wants to talk to Greta and find out the truth about Sofia.
The doctor says that it's clear from the number of pills Irma took, she was trying to commit suicide.
Armie leaves the hospital room to find out if Irma will have to stay or will be able to go home. Irma vows that she'll force Armie to stay with her.
 
 
I lied about the kid for years then tried to kill myself,
now I gotta think of something really crazy.
 
Monday's Episode:
Marisol shows Lupe' the check she got from Sofia. It's a lot of money but she'll pay it back eventually. Lupe warns Marisol not to waste her money on Javier because he'll never pay her back. Marisol accuses Lupe' of not taking care of Javier.
 

 
Pato comes into Sofia's office and puts a box on her desk. Since she didn't have lunch, he brought her some dessert. He asks for a kiss, then asks her to dinner. She'd rather go home instead. He asks, "Are you going to the neighborhood meeting?"
"I haven't decided yet."
He turns to leave then turns back, "I don't believe you cancelled the wedding because you've stopped loving me."
 
 
Maybe if I try puppy-dog eyes she'll change her mind.
 
 
A nurse lets Armie know that Irma can go home. He gets a call from Alexa and tells her that it's a bad time to talk. Irma tried to kill herself. He took her to the hospital and she's okay now. Alexa is shocked.
 
 
Holy crap. Irma is more unstable than I am.
 
Chava runs into the lobby. Armie tells Alexa he will call her back. Chava can't believe the news, "Irma is not okay, but Nandito is the one who will be most affected by this. Believe me, I know." Armie will go home with Irma because it's clear that Nandito isn't safe with her. As Armie and Chava talk, Manjarres walks into the lobby and sits down on the couch behind them.
 
Alexa tells Fausto about Irma's suicide attempt. She thinks it was just a ploy to manipulate Armie. "She's going to do anything she can do to keep him." Fausto cautions her, "She won't let go easily."
 
 
You and Armie need to be careful.
It sound like that woman is nuttier than squirrel turds.
 
Armie won't be going to the meeting. What Irma did scared Nandito and Armie needs to be with his son. Chava understands, "Family comes first. Call me if you need help with anything." He will fill Armie in later about what happened at the meeting.
 
Renzi calls Pato. He's got a man keeping an eye on Chava. Pato wants Renzi to call and let him know if Sofia and Chava are together and if she goes to the meeting.
 
And now a word from our Sponsor:
 
Miguelina makes a big pitcher of ABUELITA hot cocoa and with a flourish pours it from a great height into custom ABUELITA mugs.
 
 
 
Fausto brings Dani into the kitchen and they sit and enjoy cake and ABUELITA while Dani regales them with stories about how she and Octavio would have cake and ABUELITA after coming home from the factory.
 
 
Dani says, "Mmmm... ABUELITA and cake!"
 
Fausto says, "Mmmm.... ABUELITA and cake!"
 
We all say "Mmm.... ABUELITA and cake!
 
Okay Nestle', you got four pictures and seven product name mentions in this recap. I've done my part to provide you with product placement, now you can do your part. Please send each recapper and commenter a box of Abuelita and one of those custom mugs. Recapping and commenting makes us hungry so we'd also love some of that almond cake. There are only a few dozen of us. It won't cost you much.
 
And now back to our program:
 
Armie and Chava bring Irma home. Nandito runs to hug his mom. Irma tells him that she fainted but feels much better now. Araceli lets Chava know that she wants to go with him to the meeting. Irma is tired so Araceli helps her to the bedroom. Nandito thinks Irma fainted because she can't sleep. He hears her up at night. He worries that Irma will faint again. Armie hugs Nandito and promises that he'll stay the night.
 
 
You've got to help us escape, Compadre.
 
Greta works on a drawing in her studio. She remembers Paco's words, "It's not a big deal. It's an order. It's just business. The same way it was just business when you married Octavio." She goes to the window and looks out at the rain.
 
Paco closes his store. He can't let it go - he has to find out if Sofia is his daughter.
 
Chava and Araceli go to Cuco's for the neighborhood meeting. Chava can't understand what was going on in Irma's head, especially since she has a kid! Araceli understands. Irma lost the man she loves and will try all kinds of ways to get him back. She looks at Chava. He still doesn't get it. Why would Irma risk hurting her son? As they go in to the meeting Araceli asks if he'd like to go for tacos afterward.
 
At home, Pato pours himself a big glass of whine and wonders if Sofia has gone to the meeting.
 
The 'hood gathers for the latest meeting. Manjarres takes a seat in the crowd. Tavares tells them that his investigation did not find anything illegal about Renzi's real estate agency. Chava announces that Sofia is interested in helping the group. Sofia and Fausto enter the room. She hands her phone to Fausto and walks to the front.
 
 
The good girls wear white.
 
Fausto tries to get Sofia's attention because her phone is ringing. We see Pato on the other end. "Why doesn't she answer?!" Fausto shuts off the phone and puts it in Sofia's purse. Pato smashes his wineglass, "Damn you! I'm sure you're at the meeting with that bastard!"
 
A woman stands up and asks, "With all due respect, Miss Ripoll. Why are you here tonight? You have security at your factory." Chava answers, "We agreed to invite the entire neighborhood. Sofia Ripoll is a neighbor."
 
Araceli sees her chance, "Some of us think you're behind this because you're planning to expand your factory."
Sofia answers coolly, "Some of us? Or you, Araceli?" She turns to the crowd, "There are no plans to expand the factory."
Tavares asks her, "Patricio Iturbide is Mauro Renzi's cousin. Are they in business together?"
"As far as I know Renzi is working alone. But he is a victim too. He was assaulted here in the neighborhood!" Sofia tells Tavares that it's time to leave the innocent alone and go after the real criminals. Sofia offers to hold future meetings at the factory.
 
Armie is sleeping with Nandito. Irma peeks in on them. As she is going back to the bedroom she hears Armie's phone ring. Irma picks it up and sees that the call is from Alexa. "That tramp!" Irma answers and tells Alexa, "Get this through your stupid head once and for all. Don't get your hopes up because we are not going to separate, you tramp!" Irma hangs up and drops the phone on the table.
 
 
It takes one to know one, Tramp!
 
Paco approaches Sofia and tells her he is glad she joined the neighborhood group. Sofia and Chava start to talk but Araceli interrupts, "Aren't we going to dinner, Chava?" He tells her to give him a minute. Sofia is miffed, "It seems you're still close with your ex-girlfriend."
"We're just going for tacos, that's all. Are you jealous?"
"No."
 
Fausto watches Manjarres leave the meeting. He clearly thinks Manjarres is a suspicious character. Fausto moves over to keep an eye on Sofia and Chava.
 
 
 
Oh my! Be still my heart.
 
Renzi calls Pato and tells him that Sofia went to the meeting and now she's talking to Cruz.
  
Chava gets very close to Sofia, "Does your boyfriend know I was with you in Buenaventura?" She admits she never told Pato anything. Chava asks if she has doubts about Pato. If she does, maybe he has a chance? Sofia tells him, "I cancelled my wedding until I can clear up my feelings. I'd just like to take it slow."
 
 
Let's give Fausto something to worry about.
 
 
Alexa sits alone in the dark and remembers Irma's word, "Don't get your hopes up because we are not going to separate, you tramp!" She cries.
 
 
 
I just got rid of a crazy boyfriend,
now I have to deal with a crazy wife!
 
Araceli stomps into the meeting room. "Let's go, Salvador!" Sofia moves away, "Your ex-girlfriend is calling. I won't keep you any longer." Chava tries to stop her, but she and Fausto leave. Araceli gives a smug little smile.
 
Dani texts Oliver that she is nervous about her math exam tomorrow. He texts back that she should have confidence in herself. She asks him to say something to help her sleep better. He texts "I love your eyes."
"I love your eyes?"  She looks surprised and happy.  
 
Chava tells Araceli he didn't appreciate the interruptions when he was talking with Sofia. She didn't come just for the meeting, but also for him. Araceli scoffs, "Get off your cloud, Chava." He tells her that Sofia canceled her wedding. Araceli rolls her eyes, "She didn't do that for you." Chava finally tells her to mind her own business. And he's not going for tacos with her either. So there.
 
Sofia and Fausto arrive home. Fausto is sure Greta will fire him if she finds out he is going to the neighborhood meetings with Sofia. He tells Sofia. "The looks between you and Salvador were pure love. I also noticed that young lawyer has eyes for Salvador."
 
Back at home, Chava tells Lupe that Sofia was at the meeting and offered her support. He asks how Javier is doing.
"The doctor says he needs more time."
"I was hoping for some good news."
Marisol comes out and tells Chava she has a surprise for him. The company loaned her some money and now he can fix Bigfoot and go back to racing!
 
Pato is at Silvana's apartment. He bitches about Sofia meeting Chava. Silvana thinks Pato is already behind in the game. "Salvador has the perfect excuse to get in to see Sofia since he's representing the people of the neighborhood."
"I have Greta on my side. My plan will work if Renzi does what I tell him."
Silvana asks for the details of Pato's secret plan. He refuses to tell her. He grabs her and they get down to business.
 

He's using her. She's using him.
They're both happy.  
 
Chava is touched by Marisol's offer, but he can't take the money. She should use it for school or save it. Marisol wants to repay Chava for all the sacrifices he made to take care of her and Lupe'. "It's your dream to be a race car driver. I want you to have your dream."
 
Lupe' tells Marisol that offering Chava the money is better than 'the other thing'. Chava walks across the room like an angry cat. "What do you mean, the other thing, Lupe'?" Marisol tells him, "I thought I'd give it to papa to help him get his life together."
Chava shouts, "Of course not! Marisol, open your eyes!"
 
 
 
Marisol, are you freakin' insane?
  
Sofia can't sleep. She turns on the light and hears a knock at the door. Greta wants Sofia to reconsider cancelling the wedding. "You're making a mistake. Patricio is the perfect man for you. He can manage the company while you can be a wife and mother."
Sofia is skeptical, "First you wanted Patricio to sign a pre-nup. Now you want him to run the company?"
Greta thinks that Pato has proven his loyalty to the family. "Octavio would be disappointed in you." She warns Sofia that Pato could get tired of waiting and break up with her.
 
Chava and Marisol fight about Javier. "He's a drunk! He abandoned his family!"
"It's my money!"
"Don't use it to fix his problems!"
"If you won't use the money for Bigfoot, I'm using it to help Papa."
Javier comes out of the bedroom. "No, Marisol. I can't take your money either."
 
Irma gets into bed next to Nandito. Armie wakes up, "What are you doing Irma?"
"Please, I want to spend the night like I still have a family."
 
Javier claims he didn't come back because he was sick or needed money. He came back to apologize before he dies. He's changed. He's going to be a better man and a better father. He intends to get Lupe' back. She protests, "It's been too many years. I don't think you can change."
 
Javier slumps into a chair. "I will leave when the doctor says I can. But I will visit every day and I will win your heart, Lupe'." Lupe' appears to soften, but Chava reminds her that this is Javier the Dirtbag talking. Marisol asks, "What's wrong with you Chava? He's repented." She turns to Javier, "I believe you, Papa." Matias comes in laughing and smiling, "I brought Tamales! Want some?" He notices the tension and takes off his sunglasses. "Why all the stress?"
 
 
 
Is it just me?
Or can you cut the air in here with a knife?
 
Sofia remembers the night with Chava. She remembers Greta's words, "Patricio has proved his loyalty to the family." She remembers Pato telling her that he wants to share every minute of his life with her. She cries and asks, "What do I do, Papa? You'd choose Patricio and Salvador wouldn't stand a chance. But what do I do with these feelings I have?"
 
 

And then my mother went and said you'd be disappointed in me.
 
 
On the poor side of town, Chava dreams of entering the Ripoll house with a big trophy and presenting it to Greta. "I am the champion!"
 
 
You can use this for Champagne at your next party.
 
Greta swoons over the trophy. Everyone applauds and cheers, "Bravo!" Chava gets down on one knee in front of Sofia, "Sofia Ripoll, will you go to the end of the world with me? Will you marry me?" She accepts. He puts the ring on her finger. They kiss while everyone cheers.
 
 
 
Now that I've convinced your mother, can I convince you?
 
Nandito wakes up and strokes Irma's face, then Armie's. He's happy that they are together. Armie tells him to get ready for school. While Armie goes to fix breakfast, Nandito tells Irma, "Dad got worried about you."
 
Dani is anxious about her test. Her family assures her that she will do well. She just needs to focus. Oliver comes to pick her up. Greta suggests they go over the test on the way. After Dani leaves Greta brags, "My plan worked."
Alexa asks, "What plan, Mommy?"
"My plan to hire Oliver to make her forget that Lucas!"
Sofia's eyes narrow, "It seems your plans always work."
 
Irma argues with Armie as he makes sandwiches. He tells her she needs to see a psychiatrist.
"I'm not crazy. What happened between us made me sick."
Armie tells her he's taking Nandito to live with him because Nandito is in danger with Irma.
"You're not taking my son. I'll kill myself. I'll kill myself if you take my son."
Armie tells Irma to calm down.
"I won't calm down. You threatened to take my son."
"Forget it. I won't take him."
Nandito comes into the room. "Are you going to stay and take care of my mom?" Armie assures Nandito that he's going to stay. He turns and looks at Irma, "Don't get the wrong idea."
 
Fausto walks Sofia to the car. He stops and says, "I'm sorry, but I won't be taking you to work."
"Then who is driving?"
"I have found someone I have complete confidence in to drive you."
The car door opens and Chava gets out, "Good morning, Sofia."
 
 
End of Episode.
 
 
 
 

Labels:


Comments:
A couple of notes:

David Zepeda takes over the role of Chava in the middle of Episode 79.

The show is also getting a new female character (ala Ugly Betty) who is crazy about Matias and makes Silvana jealous.
 

Lucas better get used to being with Marisol for awhile.

Irma plotting holy chaos in her desperate attempt to keep Armando.

I'm still banking on Oliver & Dani being a couple.

Patrick & Renzi likely going to destroy Chava's family somehow.

Greta getting on my last nerves: no wonder why Paco HATES her
 

Xlnt, I was going to list my favorite captions for your recap, but they were way too many! Thanks for entertaining me this a.m. Those must be the commemorative 75th anniversary Abuelita mugs. If only Nestle could hear your request . . . Seems they are sold out. : ). Episode 79 is coming up fast. Should be fun.

What can I say?

Looks like Alexa has met her crazier (but not by much) match in Irma. So now we have to watch Alexa sobbing in her bed. Give me a break. Irma crawling in the bed with Armando and Nandito was creepy.

Greta needs to get a hobby so she can get out if everyone's business. The painting just isn't doing it.

Loved seeing Chava finally telling Araceli off for interrupting him and very jealous Sofía. No tacos for
Araceli!

Jarifa




 

xlnt, thank you so much for your recap!

At least Armando kept his wits about him, even if Sofía is backsliding on her own decision. Armando saying he’s going to try to take Nando away from Irma was a bright spot. I don’t know how he’ll be able to do it, without being a blood relative, though. The law doesn’t usually let that happen, even for bad moms. And really this is the first bad thing they can prove she’s done to Nando. This development just makes me more sure that Irma is going to die, like Mónika Sánchez in AV; it’s the only way to get rid of her.

ebay had an Abueltia 75th promo mug for sale for $19; but darn it, it sold: http://tinyurl.com/pnbvtxf

Yes, it was gratifying that Salvador leveled with Araceli. Araceli was so agitated when Sofía arrived at the meeting, and not only because of Salvador; they segued from Sofía to Araceli to Paco in a triangle, just in case anyone missed that the three of them are related. If Araceli doesn’t already suspect, her character in in the character bio knows; and that counts. It will be fun to see the reactions of both women when they find out they are half sisters. We got a preview of them duking it out at the front of the meeting.

Patricio got lucky with that excuse he made up during Silvana’s hospitalization about Renzi getting attacked; I don’t think it was calculated to do anything except throw suspicion off him and Silvana at the hospital. But it is working as a good red herring to throw suspicion off Patricio and Renzi. I hope Sofía does hold some neighborhood watch meetings at the factory; that might be interesting.

I can’t feel too sorry for Alexa; she’s not been thinking about Armando’s situation much. So now perhaps she will; up till now she’s only been thinking about what she wants.

Hmm…could Fausto actually influence events with his suspicions of the guy who’s apparently watching Sofía and Salvador? As the Ripoll majordomo and beloved family friend, it is definitely his place to do so. Maybe he will. I thought it was noteworthy that they took a moment to have Dani say out loud that she loves Fausto — and Miguelina. Miguelina is going to be her mother-in-law, for sure.

I would so love scenes like the ones between Salvador and Sofía if there weren’t that behind-the-scenes issue going on; I mean, I did love it anyway. But I can’t tell if it’s really uncomfortable for both of them; it seems like it is. For that reason alone, I hope David and Marjorie do well. Looking forward to less drama in that way and more in the usual way. I actually kind of wish I didn’t know; I should stick to my rule of being ignorant of actors’ personal lives.

What a disappointment to see Sofía listening to her mom; Greta should face the fact that she doesn’t have the responsibility of running the family any more and leave Sofía to her better judgment. So probably Sofía will get back on the wedding track with Patricio, and Araceli will get a little of what she wants for a while.

Salvador’s dream was typically so charming and funny, claro que switch.

 

You were totally on fire Xint.

The screen shots and captions were fantastic: "I lied about the kid for years then tried to kill myself, now I gotta think of something really crazy" was my favorite but I also liked "Maybe if I try puppy-dog eyes she'll change her mind". And yes, Pato did look oh so convincingly sincere.

"Greta thinks that Pato has proven his loyalty to the family. "Octavio would be disappointed in you." You know, at this point, I'm writing Greta off. That was about the cruelest thing she can say to Sofia, who has done nothing but work herself to a bone to keep the business going and support her family.

I am thrilled a new character is coming on who may be a match for Matias! Sil is not good enough for her.

Have an impossible work day so hope to check in later and read the comments.

This was great.

Diana
 

Here's a big image of the Abuelita 75th promo cup at ebay:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2NlgxNjAw/z/9yIAAOSw-jhUKfpk/$_57.JPG?rt=nc
 

Diana, so who do you see Matias pairing up with in the end ?

I've heard about new characters joining the TN.
 

I also read somewhere the theme song is changing, too.
It will be like watching a new story . . . Now if we could just get rid of the most disagreeable characters and move on with more exciting plots!

Jarifa
 

Awesome xInt. Lots of quotes I loved.

Jarifa, I hope they don't change the theme song. Crap.

Greta's hypocrisy is sickening. She in private laments Paco hates her while carrying a torch for the guy and yet, hand picks the partners for her daughters. She is much worse than Javier in her selfish manipulations. They deserve each other.

Hope Salvador gives Marisol a rest, she'll learn for herself the guy a weasel. Now, Lupe is a fool, she knows better and gonna get bit again.

I kinda agree with Irma, Alexa is an immature tramp.

Dammit Araceli, git.

 

Tofie, I just did some research: The new theme song is "Te amaré" performed by Alejandro Fernández.

If you add crazy to the description of Irma for Alexa, I will agree, too. Of couse Irma would never call Alexa crazy because being crazy herself she would never recognize it in Alexa, right? Too funny.

Jarifa
 

I forgot to add this link to the artist who designed the Abuelita mugs. They are really cute:

http://tinyurl.com/mgx7nmc
 

There are spoilers all over the comments today. I thought this is supposed to be a spoiler free site.
 

If you mean David Zepeda, a cast change of the main character would be news, not a spoiler. It's been all over the news, and it's outside the story.

However, I would agree if you are thinking the revelation of the entrance and purpose of a regularly scheduled character is a spoiler.

Otherwise, personally I hate spoilers; I don't read them or watch them. I don't read Wikipedia about the characters or story. Anything in my posts that looks like a spoiler, is not. I have my theories, and I always back them up with my reasons.

If you're referring to the "character bio" mention I made, it refers to something I said the other day, where in telenovelas characters always seem to have a sixth sense about whom they are related to or who their natural enemies are. I haven't read any character bios, and that's not what I'm referring to.
 

Yes. I'm referring to the new character and Zepeda's entrance. If it hasn't aired in the U.S. yet, you should not be mentioning what is coming on a future episode. You're the reappear, if you're doing it, how can you police other people?
 

Zepedas's replacement of Pedro Fernandez has been in the news for about two months already.

No spoiler there.
 

Also, when there is the "llamada de la sangre", that too is commonly used in telenovelas and can be endlessly discussed and questioned without it being a spoiler. Speculation, not spoilers, is what we novela lovers thrive on.
 

Anonymous, you're incorrect about Zepeda. By your reasoning it would be a spoiler to reveal the title and cast of a new telenovela when they begin filming in Mexico, instead of waiting until Univision begins broadcasting it. It never has been a spoiler to do that. I only talked about Zepeda.
 

Casting change ain't a spoiler

Haven't seen anything here remotely close.
 

I read this morning that Julion Alvarez might be singing the new theme and that DZ wasn't supposed to make an appearance until somewhere around Dec 12 or 14...
 

Stating that the show is getting a new female character "ugly betty" is a spoiler. The exact episode Zepeda will appear is a spoiler.
 

Alexa crying in bed: GET OVER IT.


 

Thanks, xlnt. Late to the party, but thanks for the laughs. Alexa realizing Irma is even crazier than moi is a hoot.
 

Jeri, how do you see Irma getting killed off ?

A.) Similar to Monika Sanchez in AV

B.) Killed by Patrick or Renzi's thugs

C.) Suicide
 

Anonymous, I am the recapper for this episode. Mentioning that David Zepeda will take over the Chava character in episode 79 is not a spoiler. As has been mentioned by other commenters, this change has been reported in other actual news sites for weeks. I've even posted links to the articles in my recaps. No one has ever complained before. People were wondering when DZ was going to make his appearance, it was known that it would happen in mid-November in Mexico. Their schedule is about 2 weeks ahead of us, so a good guesstimate for the US was the end of November. No spoiler there.

As far as adding another character, if you've been watching TNs for any length of time you know that characters come and go all the time. Again not a spoiler. Her appearance, not a spoiler. If I would have said something along the lines of the new character kills Silvana and traps Matias with a fake pregnancy, now THAT would be a spoiler.

How can I police other people? I just click the little "garbage can" button next to their comment, and their comment goes away. Notice that I didn't police you. And I'd dearly love to police bitchin'.

So far I've been accused of allowing hate speech and posting spoilers. But I also think people like my recaps. Sometimes you just can't win. ;)

 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder