Wednesday, October 29, 2014

La Malquerida, capitulo 48. 10/29/14

Discussion page.

Labels:


Comments:
Hi Gloria, thanks for posting this page.

I have been commenting too much. I will try just to post this one thing. Its happening again, Aca gonna fall for everyone's negativity against poior Uli. No spoiler, but just a matter of short time for her to start believing the worst. And we all know he is still "probation" from his last crime against Acacia. Poor thing, he could be dead or hanging on by a thread since Danilo ordered the three stooges to disappear him for good. His name and repuation will be tarnished in his abscence. Hiw quickly people forget his good and hinest character. Reminds me if Rulli in LQLVMR when he was in coma, people eventually believed he must have been guilty because he was running for life. Even the sweet couple, cant remember their names, were kinda uncomfortable when he returned.
 

Is it OK if I just say Esteban needs to think with his head and not his penis?
 

Luisa Gets Loved With A Mixture of Stars and Tears in Her Eyes

Sadly, it appeared Luisa and Manuel did the deed. Transformed, even Arturo noted the change. The next day, she and Manuel had a conversation I did not understand but he gave her money. Could this be in case she got pregnant? The hurt was evident. Manuel, you are dead to me.

Esteban continues to try and convince himself and us (although not very well) that he still loves Cris and falls all over himself apologizing to her. She may swallow his too earnest lies. We do not.

Rubio tries to gift Luisa with electronics (a computer I think). She seems appreciative at first and then backs down and refuses. I believe she hinted to Rubio that she and Manuel are "close" (can someone help here?)

In the one good deed he's done recently, Esteban tells German and Norberto they must work together. Ale comes and she and German smile and get to work and evil Satan shows up much to German's chagrin.

In a pitiful scene, German accepts his father's offer to move back to the house - the happy smile German sported when hugging his "father" said it all.

Novella lover explained Uli's situation perfectly. He's vanished - no one has heard from him and Arturo and Acacaia are worried and with good reason.

Perla and Memo have a drink.

Danilo shows up while a still beaten up Perla tries to be brave yet shrinks from his touch. Danilo offers a soothing bandaid in the form of a check.

The episode ends with Juliana and Manuel showing up at the construction site minus Uli and Nuria. The foreman does not know where anyone is (nor do we). Then, Perla shows up (eyed scornfully by Juliana) and it is quickly discovered they purchased the same lot. Screaming, hair pulling and a good old fashioned cat fight ensues.

It appears Acacia turns to Este for comfort. Sigh.

These were in random order. I wish I could have added more. As I have little Spanish comprehension 90% of the dialog was unintelligble to me.

Novella lover, you haven't been commenting too much! Please keep writing.

Diana
 

I am watching the show right now. I guess Luisa and manuel did the bunny hop in the warehouse. I hate him. I hate Estebad. He looked stricken as he talked to Chris with Ack's photo on the floor behind his desk. Ick
 

Right now, the evil ones are unchecked. If Estegone does not snap out of his teenage fantasy soon, there are only young good guys to stop the evil.
 

I have a new theory about Estefool. He is acting like a lovesick 15yearold because when he was a teen , he was a hardworking field hand who never had a chance to crush on a sweet young thing. Wake up, Este...too late for that dream.
 

I do not think that the good young guys can deal with all this ancient evil, so Este has to snap out of it and notice what is happening while he is fantasizing about his stepdaughter. Geez
 

I do not understand much SPanish, but I Think that during the hair pulling, Juliana called Perla a naca and Perla called her a grandma. Ouch
 

I also should have mentioned I think Danilo told Norberto he "took care" of Ulises, and that Norberto looked surprised and might have said something along the lines of "already?"

If someone who understood that scene more clearly, kindly comment.

And yes, thanks Susanlynn. Este had been gawking at a picutre of Acacia he had hidden in a book. He dropped it and Cris entered, he was trying to hide it with his foot and moved around the desk in front of Cris.

Loser.

Diana
 

Diana, I don't know if you have recapped in past, but your writing chops are great. Thanks for writing such a wonderful summary. I am fluent in spanish but I missed a few sentences because I couldnt quite understand them and the captions disappear so quickly that they are not readable, I kept rewinding and captions would quickly blink away. That was so nice if you to write the recap. Healing thoughts to Vivi and was so happy to read the message from our dear Mads. I hope tonight they show where Uly is. Danilo said he took care of him as if he had him killed. But I'm hoping they thought he was dead, but really isn't. Poor Carmen you can imagine how anguished she is. Chris held her ground well with Este but we cant blame her so much for believing him because she doesnt know what we know and she loves him so much and he was so convincing. They wont show this on tv, but I think Este is using his hidden pictures of Aca to fuel his obsession, if you know what I mean.
 

Gloria, I just loved your title. "Luisa gets loved with mixture of stars and tears in her eyes." Yup, thats is how it is. Good thought put into words.
 

Correction: apologies, I meant to say Diana on my last comment regarding the great beginning sentence.
Thx
 

Novella lover, you are very kind. I am glad I was able to capture a bit of the action which I took from actions and expressions rather than words. I have not recapped because I just can't translate dialog outside of a very few words.

I'm glad you liked my title. It was hard to watch Luisa so happy yet so anguished.

I totally agree with you and am very hopeful that Ulises is somewhere, alive if not well. I'm thinking this might be a case where someone finds him and helps him. Maybe an amnesia side story???

Thanks for filling in some other very good details. You have a marvelous writing flair.

Vivi and Madelaine are missed and am praying for them nightly.

Diana
 

Gloria, appreciate your great posting...how true.

Poor Luisa. How naïve she is, thinking just because Manuel had sex with her he is in love with her and will marry her.

I believe Rubio is a better guy than Manuel. I think he would do right by her. But of course he is involved in too many shady things.

That Juliana is a real b!tch!! She would love it if she could break up Andres and Carmen. She would love to tell Andres that German is his son, not caring how it would affect German....selfish woman!!

I hope Madelaine improves daily. I didn't know about Vivi. My prayers are with them.

Ann-NYC

 

Meant to say Diana not Gloria.
Sorry.

Ann-NYC
 

Gloria – Thanks for posting a discussion page for us.

Diana – Terrific title. Your mini-recap rocks! Muchas gracias. Yes, Luisa is worried about pregnancy so Manuel gave her some money. But Manuel’s language was vague so I don’t know if the money is for the morning-after pill or just future protection. Luisa asked if boinking means they are now novios. At first Manuel scoffed at being novios and pretty much said it was just a horny thang and nothing more, but to appease an upset Luisa he said because of his mother and her granny they needed to keep their thing on the down-low, tell no one.

Luisa didn't tell Rubio she did it with Manuel when she turned down his computer, but she said something about things looking up on this front. I think Rubio is shrewd and predict that he will be the first to find out Manuel hit it.

I was mad with Luisa at first, but I realize that she had to learn about the true Manuel the hard way. If she had bypassed Manuel and gone straight to Arturo, she’d would have always considered Arturo her fallback guy and not appreciated him the way she should. The actress is doing a good job. You can see that Luisa realizes she’s been had but is still holding out hope that Manuel will come to love her.

Danilo wouldn’t tell Norberto what he did with Ulises, so I’m thinking Ulises is still alive. It’s clear that Norberto didn’t intend for Danilo to kill Ulises, but it’s also clear he’s not troubled if he did kill him. If Norberto has any sense he might wonder what Danilo would do to him (Norberto) if he’s crossed. If Norberto cared about German, he’d also worry about what Danilo would do to his non-son if he doesn’t leave Ale alone.

Poor Carmen, this is a parent’s worst nightmare.

We’ve got a couple of possible pregnancies from unprotected sex: from Ale's afternoon delight with German or rape by Danilo, Luisa in the storage room with Manuel, and Cris with Esteban suddenly showing up on her mother-daughter-only weekend.

Ann, ITA that Rubio is actually better than Manuel with Luisa. How ironic. But I think Rubio got the money to buy the computer from the dirty favors he does for Danilo. Does Esteban still have enough focus to realize he isn’t paying his capataz that kind of money?

I hate that Cris is suddenly feeling old and less desirable because of Esteban’s behavior. She told her mother that for the first time she’s looking in the mirror and worrying. My view is she needs to get with Hector and have some fun.

Vivi and Madelaine - Hope your recovery is improving with each day. You are missed.
 

Ann, I agree with you - Rubio is definitely better for Luisa than Manuel! I didn't turn totally against him though until he started helping out Danilo. I will give him the benefit of the doubt however that he might not have done so had he known what really transpired between Ale and Danilo. But, he does love Luisa. His one constant.

Niecie, thank you so much for filling in all of my blanks and for adding the poignant scene between Cris and Elena.

And, I loved your comment on Luisa "If she had bypassed Manuel and gone straight to Arturo, she’d would have always considered Arturo her fallback guy and not appreciated him the way she should". Perfectly stated and so very true.

Diana
 

Thanks Diana---You're a big help.

Silly young girl. Manuel was only after a hot roll in the hay...no, the cotton shed and you gave it to him. He knew how you felt about him and would be easy, you were. He loves me, he loves me. Oh really girl? You found out really quick didn't you that you've been had. Tears won't change things or take it back. It's too bad for Arturo because he really cares.

Looks like impulsive Acacia will again be jumping to conclusions tonight about Ulises. He said he loved me and gave me his father's cross. Oh Esteban I'm so hurt. I told you Acacia, I told you that guys no good. Hold me and let me comfort you.

DanEvil is back with fake sweetness to Alejandra while German looks on.

OMG!!! Will any good come out of La Malquerida? I'm beginning to think not.
the gringo

 

I told you Acacia, I told you that guys no good. Hold me and let me comfort you. -- lol!

Gringo, If you keep it up I'm going to be too ticked off to even watch the show tonight. :D
 

REALLY LADIES??? Diana--Ann-NYC
Niecie in MD. Rubio is better than Manuel??? Have you ladies been drinking tequila instead of coffee this morning? Rubio is barely one rung higher than cow dung. Rubio is low end trash while
Manuel is a little higher end trash. Manuel is a spoiled next to worthless rich guy while Rubio
is low end scum with absolutely no moral compass or code. Rubio has the same general attitude and beliefs about women than Danilo does he just doesn't have much money and to obtain income Rubio would do practically any evil if he thought that he could get away with it. Better for Luisa than Manuel? Are you guys kidding? Neither one would be true or a good husband to any nice lady. As I said at the beginning high end or low, both are disgusting only in a different way but Rubio over Manuel? Ladies put down the tequila, you've drank too much already.
the gringo
 

gringo, I think Rubio would be better for Luisa than Manuel in that he loves her. I didn't mean to imply nor do I ever want Luisa with Rubio. In the very beginning, I thought he may be redeemable but I stated why he has now crossed too far over the line for me.

Diana
 

Diana---Does he love her or does he just want her? Either way, he would never stay true to her even if they did marry, he's that kind of guy. Anyway, that's the way I see him. He might stay true for a while but with no moral compass, he would stray the first chance that he got or---whenever he felt like it. To be honest, I can see Manuel in the same light also. Remember he's a spoiled rich kid and usually gets what he wants. The first young pretty that came along married or not, he'd be right after her.
the gringo
 

Arturo is the true prize..a good, hardworking guy from a loving family who respects not only Luisa but also her feisty abuela. Despierta, Luisa.
 

Gringo - Like Diana, at one time I thought Rubio might be redeemable. But once he boinked one of the prostitutes at Danilo's Casa de Las Citas, I gave up on him. Nope, he is not fit for Luisa.

But his one good quality is that he cares for and values Luisa. He was incensed when Juliana dissed her. He bought Luisa a trampy dress (I think the "trampy" part is simply owing to his lack of taste), then he listened to her needs and upgraded to a computer. If he had been able to seduce her on the cotton storage room floor, he'd have been so overjoyed he would've wrote her a song or picked her some flowers. Would he be faithful to her in the long run? Don't know. I’ve seen guys who seemed enamored who turned out to be cheaters and guys who seemed like playboys who turned out to be faithful. It really is a throw of the dice. We’ll probably never know in Rubio’s case cause surely Luisa has at least enough going on in her noggin to never get horizontal with him.
 

gringo, I believe Manuel lusts after Luisa. She also became more attractive after he saw Arturo really liked her. That is why I really loathe him now. He knew she had a chance at happiness and ruined it for her. He gave her hope where there was none.

I think Rubio does lust after Luisa but think he really does love her. I have a feeling he might not stray if they were married but Luisa would never consent to marrying him, thank heavens.

As Susanlynn noted, Arturo, her prince charming in waiting is what we wish for her.

Diana
 

Gringo, i love hearing your perspective from man's point of view. I am glad you feel same as us ladies.

I agree that Este will be saying just want you said.

Niece, Thanks for mentioning how Chris started worrying about her looks and aging. How dare he make her feel that way. There are many men that make their women feel that way. I really hated to see her feel that way.
He dont deserve her. "No le llega a los talons!!!" just for that I see him as solamente un peon mogroso."
 

Ahhh Niecie, as usual, you got to the heart of the matter perfectly, citing Rubio's love evidenced by being outraged when Luisa was disrespected by Manuel's parents.

I also remember him comforting, hugging and showing genuine care and concern to Rosa when she was verbally abused by Norberto and Juli.

He isn't good but he's not rotten to the core.

Diana
 

I di agree with Gringo regarding Rubio, not good enough for Luisa. If she doesnt wake up and stay w Arturo, I do see her attaining sucess as a chef in a big way. The Manuel thing will that "which doesn't kill you will make you stronger."
Rubio could possibly redeem himself if he Aca or Perla or averts any of the evil Danilo or Este capable if. That would be good, but still not for Miss Luisa.
 

Gringo,

Sorry, but I agree with the ladies. I believe Rubio loves Luisa as much as he is able. However, he has gotten involved in too many bad things and I'm sure Luisa would never get involved with him. Thank heavens. I hope and believe she will end up with Arturo. a real prince charming.

But glad to get a male point of view.

Ann-NYC

 

Yawn..I have not had a chance to see Thursday night's episode. I wonder what happened. This story is unfolding steadily.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder