Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hasta el Fin del Mundo #52 20141029 The Truth about Prisoneyland and Marty Wonka and Chocolate Factory


Ripoll/Snob Hill

Patrick calls Sophia a big sucker for trusting Chava.   Suddenly, Sophia remembers that she has a cocktail party with the secretary of commerce.  She calls Chava, who has been waiting by the phone like a hopeful teenaged girl during prom season, and tells him to pick her up at home (if he can tear his lips away from Araceli). 



Fausto takes Miggie her severance check and tells her that Dani is heartbroken over Lucas.  Lucas comes home and backs the butler out of the door.  
Meanwhile, over at The Manner, Greta is on the phone with her good friend Isadora, the lush!  Isadora Peralta has heard about the Ripoll scandal and invites Greta to drown her sorrows in a good year of Dom Perignon.  Greta doesn’t know what she’s talking about, so Isadora suggests that she speak with Sophia about it. 

Greta storms into Sophia’s bedroom gripping the newspaper, and demands to know why Sophia didn’t tell her about the scandal.  Greta’s a shareholder and board member and she had the right to know!  Sophia reminds Greta that she’s never shown any interest in anything concerning the chocolate factory.  All of the board meetings are conducted on Snob Hill.  Greta wants to know why the press thinks that the recipes are stolen.  Sophia explains that Francisco Fernandez (Paco) came to the office and gave her the recipe book.  As soon as Greta hears Paco’s name, she faints. 

When Greta revives, Sophia asks whether Paco’s accusations are true.  Greta has a flashback of the day she overheard Octavio ordering Coria to steal Paco’s recipes.  Greta wants to know if Paco wants money.  Sophia assures her that Ripoll is not being sued; Paco is simply wants to bury the past.  Greta tells her that only two men know the truth and both men are now dead. 

Later when alone, Greta remembers the day when she confronted Octavio about what she overheard.  Octavio pulled out a big honkin’ serial killer knife and pointed it at her.  He told her that if she opened her mouth, he would kill Paco!  In the present, Greta says that she did what she did in order to same Paco’s life.  What a lame excuse!

Her thoughts are interrupted when Fausto comes in.  He thinks she’s thinking about “the Dani sitchiation”.  He tells her that she should listen to what Dani has to say.  Greta takes his advice and goes into Dani’s room to talk.  Dani is not there, so Greta freaks out and orders everyone to search The Manner.  Greta will fire anyone who is helping Dani.  Alexa says that Dani has run away. 

The Hood

Across town, Araceli and Paco have made up.  Araceli tells him to start hitting on Lupe, cuz’ she’s desperate.  Her husband left her long ago.  Paco doesn’t appreciate it when Araceli brings up his lack of hot steamy relationships.  Her mom’s been dead a long time and she thinks that Lupe would be a great candidate to power back up his loins; Araceli suggests that he jump Lupe while she sleeping. 

Beauty and the Beasty Boy

When Salvador shows up, Sophia is acting like a little witch!  On the way to the cocktail party she screams about him being late.  He explains that he took the bus (because he’s poor and has not car), but she wants to know why she didn’t take a taxi.  Chava ears get a break from the shrew when he drops her and her attitude at a function across the street from the Angel of Independence.  When he picks her up later, Sophia continues her tirade while giving him directions to another location.   She refuses to listen while he tries to explain that Araceli is not his girlfriend and the kisses were jokes. 

Suddenly, she orders him to pull over and stop the car.  When she gets out, she calls him a liar.  Araceli is his girlfriend!  He gleefully tells her that she is jealous of him with Araceli.  She denies it and explains that she’s angry because one of her employees has betrayed her by leaking the information to the press.  He’s the most logical suspect.  He doesn’t look happy.  She announces that he has the rest of night off; she will be spending the entire night getting busy with Patrick.  She runs off while Chava calls after her. 

Her plans for Patrick’s night might have be cancelled because Patrick is about to get busy with Silvana (Well, maybe Patrick can convince them both…nah, never mind).  His doorbell rings.  Luckily, Sophia announces herself and Patrick has time to shove naked Slivana into his bedroom.  Sophia comes in and tells him that she’s decided that she wants to have incredible sex with him right now.  She gives him her best “I’m ready to rock your world” look.  Silvana listens to everything in the bedroom.  My television signal went out.  I didn’t see the rest.  Sorry!  Someone please fill us in. 
The Truth about Xlnt’s Prisoneyland

Armando puts Nandito to bed while Araceli and Irma have coffee.  Araceli walks out of the door, but a few seconds later, Irma hears a knock.  It’s not Araceli, but Marina, Nandito’s aunt.  She tells Irma that Ramon (Nandito’s father) has taken a turn for the worse and Irma needs to take Nandito to see him before he leaves the gates of prison and enters the gates of hell.  Armando overhears the conversation and wants to know what Marina means by calling another man Nandito’s father.  Marina begins to tell him, but Irma stops her and confesses that Ramon is Nandito’s biological father.  Marina interrupts, but Irma kicks her out.  Armando stops himself from hitting Irma.  She begs for forgiveness.  They both sob. 
Other News

·         Lucas is looking at guitars when he is approached again by Manjarres.  This time he is willing to listen.

·         Dani visits Miggie.  Miggie tells Dani that love conquers all and that Greta doesn’t like young love. 

·         Chava runs into Araceli.

·         My tv signal went out.  I didn’t see the ending or the advances. 
 


Con Permiso!

Labels:


Comments:
What is with modern television? I remember the odd station from a neighboring city or some non-network uhf stations might be "snowy" but if you got a station, generally outages were quite rare.
Now between cable, fios, satellite, and finicky digital antennae, we can't go a week on caray without someone losing an episode or big chunk of one to unexplained technical glitches.
Rant over.
Lovely recap, Cynderela.
Why do I get the idea you think Marjorie and David willl make a model couple?
Um, in Greta's flashback with the knife Octavio was threatening to kill Paco, not himself.
Oy, and knowing he was a murderous thief she goes on to have 2 children with him? Between this, misersable parenting of that progeny (and driving Lucas the short trip back to a life of crime), she needs an anvil, not a second round with Paco.
Araceli suggesting Paco assault Lupe under cover of sleep: Ewwww. Not a father-daughter convo I needed to hear. And just brilliant legal advice. At least she is consistent.
Chris in FL
 

I'm not surprised that Octavio was an evil, sadistic SCUMBAG.

I am so looking forward to Dani, Alexa and Sofia find out the cold, heart truth about their father.


 

Let's start with David.

I think I might have spoken in error (and in haste). After giving your screen shots the serious consideration they deserve, I found myself rather transfixed. The man is hawt.

Cynderella, the recap was sensational. Perfect title. "She calls Chava, who has been waiting by the phone like a hopeful teenaged girl during prom season" and "Irma needs to take Nandito to see him before he leaves the gates of prison and enters the gates of hell" were among many favorites.

Armando took the news as we knew he would. He is devastated. I know that it won't change his feelings about Nandito. Even though this is likely the final nail in the coffin concerning his relationship with Irma, I'm not sure he will want to break up their home due to Nandito.

At least we now know Greta's backstory. I wish she would go to Paco and talk everything out.

Sophia's condescending, imperious attitude was hard to watch. Chava rightly suspected jealousy was the motivator. Sophia has a great plan - sleep with Pato - yeah, that will make everything better.

In what you missed, Sophia kept trying to walk to the bedroom but Pato kept pulling her back. He threw her coat around her shoulders but I did not know what he said to her. It appeared she heard something as she turned her head so not sure if Sil jiggled the bedroom door handle or what happened.

Lucas the little thug is getting his game face on. Go ahead and steal something already. Languish in jail - I think you've used up all your luck the first go round.

Cynderella, this was excellent. Thank you.

Diana
 

Chris, "Why do I get the idea you think Marjorie and David willl make a model couple?"

Odd, I get the same impression ;)

Diana
 

I was dying for Sofia to discover Silv in Patos bedroom but he was convincing her to take a moonlit walk at the end of the episode to get her out of there so Silv could escape.
 

Cynderella, that was......

ooooo.....David Zepeda.....

...um..a well written recap. I loved ever little bit of snark, particularly.....


....um.....mmmmm.....a wet David Zepeda all slippery and.....


...ahem...particularly this, "Well, maybe Patrick can convince them both"

Hee hee! Then I was...

....dang it! I can NOT get through this recap without my eyes continually and involuntarily sliding to the left to rest upon and gaze at the bare naked torso of David Zepeda.

Thank you muchissimo for those screen shots Cynderella! I think I'll have to put David on my comp as desktop wallpaper!

PS - I soooo wish they would get rid of Lucas. He doesn't come across as an angry young man. He only comes across as a bully and a thug. I blame the actor for this. Hehe, I wish that HE had a wife who was jealous of him who wanted him to quit.

Thanks again Cynderella!
 

anita, "...I soooo wish they would get rid of Lucas....Hehe, I wish that HE had a wife who was jealous of him who wanted him to quit".

Me too! Adios and good riddance!

Diana
 

Sophia still heading into the stupid territory of bashing Chava over the lawsuit, etc.,

Dani: you need to MOVE ON and forget everything about Lucas and find someone better. Let Marisol have Lucas.


 

Cynderella – Cute title and mesmerizing recap. My favorites are the same as Diana’s. Nope, ain’t nothing wrong with DZ – smoking pics.

So Greta knows Isadora Peralta, and Mr. Peralta is the head of the underwater restaurant mafia that wants to sink Ripoll for its land. If Mr. Peralta already had a connection to the Ripolls, why bother going through Pato? Never mind, I already put too much thought into this.

I must admit I will miss the hunk versus shrimp faceoffs. Now it will be hunk versus hunk, unless DZ brings his inner nerd.

Oy, and knowing he was a murderous thief she goes on to have 2 children with him?

Chris, ITA. I’m finding Greta totally unlikeable. If she knows the so-called "high-class" Octavio was low enough to steal working stiff Paco’s recipes and threaten her with a knife, why all her classism against poor hard-working poor folk like Miguelina?

Pato tried to convince Sofia that at heart he was a spontaneous wild and crazy guy, not the buttondown tighta$$ he is at the office, so he kept trying to get her to leave for a moonlight jaunt by the river, something like that. Really, Sofia should smell Silvana on Pato. She did before.

Poor Armando. I hope he talks things out with Chava. Well, on the bright side, at least he can dump Irma and get with Alexa without guilt. And it looks like Irma will no longer be inconvenient and require being atropelladoed in traffic to keep the galán spotless.

I felt bad for Irma too. She made a terrible mistake and obviously hated hurting Armando like that.
 

Irma brought it on HERSELF !!!!!!!
 

I bought a Pedro Fernandez CD and and am letting him sing to me all morning; I miss him in advance.

I will miss the David/Goliath battle, too, ha ha! Loved seeing David eat Goliath's lunch last night; i.e., Bathsheba's jealousy. Chava had such a brilliant smile on his face. Yeah, I know; mixing my Bible stories.

Now I'll have to see where I can watch Dinero, since I never did.

(Anita, I answered you on yesterday's page. :D )
 

I have to admit, I began to like "Chava" when he smiled about Sophia being jealous over him and Araceli. Now what am I going to do? I've hated him all of this time and now that Pedro is leaving, he grows on me. How will I ever get over Pedro...oooh, my ADD kicked in. I saw another picture of Zepeda. What was I talking about?
 

Jeri, Wilbur is sooo cute! I wish I was there so I could pick him up and hug him and squeeze him and kiss him a lot!!!

It never occurred to me to upload an avatar for myself here. I just did and hope it shows up.

This is my Cocoa. He is the best cat on the planet. A couple of years ago a world famous (in the cat world) cat photographer was going to be at a cat show about 3 hours away from me. I always wanted to have a professional portrait done of Cocoa. This photographer is a genius with cats. Cocoa was tired from the trip and a little constipated (I found out later). He didn't want to cooperate, but we did at least get this shot which I believe shows him off really well.

OK, I'll stop now. I can see that people's eyes glaze over when I get on the subject of my cat.

Hee hee, you must be a fabulous person yourself! Someone else here has a black cat for their avatar, but I don't remember who.
 

Finally Armie found out the truth about Irma,she totally did it on herself and i do not feel bad for her.I am not sure how Greta and Paco would last together or get married,maybe if they decide to wear a paper pag it could work out! Lucas lost all the luck for me ,why bother with Manjarezz if he is only trying to put crap on him again? If you are heartbroken,it does not mean you have to lose your sense of justice !

How is it possible that Greta is a shareholder of the factory but has no clue about the buisness nor likes chocolate? I would rather leave this old hag at home than to bother with debt.
 

paper bag*
 

I'm praying to the TN Gods that Sofia DID hear the doorknob noise and DOES smell that same perfume from before and refuses the moonlit escape plan errr um...romantic walk.
 

Anita - Cocoa is gorgeous.
 

Jeri, glad to see Wilbur is still doing well.

Cocoa is adorable.

Diana
 

Cynderella, too funny! Those screenshots of DZ were a stroke of brilliance!

I don't think Sofia will get to open the door. However - I DO think Silvana will. She wants Pato and if she's pregnant like we think she is, she just might want to end the charade.

Speaking of Silvana, her mother was shot by someone and that's the reason Silvana is trying to get revenge on the Ripolls, especially Greta. I think her mother was having an affair with Octavio. My hubby had an interesting addition to my theory last night. What if Silvana is also one of Octavio's daughters?


 

I suspect Octavio is Silvana's father, too; then she, and the two younger Ripolls should be sisters.

Silvana works hard, takes care of her brother, loves her baby's father; a number of good things. And so far has not done major bad.

She might deserve a share of the company, if there's any left. I hope she finds out it's also hers before she helps Patricio completely destroy it. She's going to feel like an idiot if she destroys it first.

(Anita, you're right! What a great portrait! I'm so glad you get so much enjoyment and companionship out of your Cocoa, a beautiful kitty. If you're not on FB, you should be; it's all about cats. :D )
 

True,i did not see Silvana yet as an villian of an epic scale
like other Soane's other characters.But i do not find her acts forgiving just because of revenge that she wants to commit,she is in the plan of facilating the destruction of the company.I think she is waiting for an emotional break so she really loses her current scruples( Good qualities) that she posseses,So far she has not been flirting with Chava because honestly he looks like a goat but with his new soon to come transformation i expect that to change.
Pobre Chavita,with his "Mega Evolution" he will bring himself a lot of troubles but a lot of happiness,in the end :)
 

Chris in FL , thanks. I meant to write "Paco", but I kept writing Octavio's name. Anyways, I've updated it.
 

CountxAlacran, "he looks like a goat". OMGosh! I can't stop laughing. People accuse me of being mean. I have been trying to police my normal writing style because I have a very nasty and sarcastic sense of humor. I love you! Are you a recapper? LOL?
 

Write now, I feel like I am attacking "Chava" because he's a mutt, but I can mess with Zepeda all day cause I really don't care about his "acting skills". He is so pretty. He simply needs to stand there an pose. I'll keep watching. If someone could drop something so that he has to pick it up, that would be fantastic as well.
 

No i am not a recapper but yes he kinda looks like one.I think the only reason Sofia is not all over him is because he is not looking so good but i could expect that to change with Zeppy's arrival:) I appreciate Pedro's Chava because he has a warmth in his heart,knows what he wants and wants to achieve great things in life.But if even the Female Antangoist is not all over his heels to blame pregnancy on him ,he is doing something wrong :)
 

"Paco doesn’t appreciate it when Araceli brings up his lack of hot steamy relationships. "
loved this line!
I thought the Zepeda pics were hot and hilarious but I dont get it...I havent been here in a while and Im sure I missed something.
 

Sofía is a person of substance; appearances are not that influential to her -- if they were, she'd have jumped her sexy boyfriend.

She's in love with Salvador for his love of life, his sunny disposition and positive outlook. There isn't much of that in her family or grind of her work life.

Salvador is the only one who truly helps her, and he's let her know in so many ways it's not only because he's a good person -- but because he adores her.

That counts for a lot in a situation where generally everyone has wanted something of Sofía rather than the other way around.

I think when it comes out that Sofía is not a Ripoll, she'll be ok, even if she loses the family business -- assuming there is something left of it.

A couple of things could happen to keep her financially solvent: (1) eventual justice for Paco would mean he would come into a lot of money for his original formulas, and she would be his heir.

And (2) Salvador is going to eventually win that big race and become rich and famous; she'll wind up with the hero, of course.

...Or she could keep the factory by dint of her work there and that the business belongs to her mother, as well.

As for Paco, I am personally not convinced that Guadalupe is the right person for him. He still loves Greta, and Greta really needs someone to love her.

Whereas I think Guadalupe could make out quite nicely with the police detective who is so smitten with her. :-)

 

What if Octavio regretted how he treated Paco? Why else would he knowingly make the child of his arch nemesis the CEO of Ripoll? Or he could have believed that Paco would eventually discover that Sophia is his and in order to prevent a take over, made Sophie the CEO.
 

Jeri, I do so love your comments. I am glad to see you here. :)
 

TomBoy, Pedro is leaving this TN due to health reasons and David Zepeda is assuming the role of Chava. The change is supposed to come about mid-November.
 

Mid-November: right after the midterm elections.

I'm still wanting to hear more about why is Silvana so hell-bent on revenge ? Second, does this have anything to do with her mother's death ?
 

xlnt, great to read you again, too! :D

Cynderella, I'm assuming Octavio never knew about Sofía's paternity; Greta is so terrified of anyone knowing. Sofía views him as her rock; and Alexa even still loves his car, just because it belonged to him. It would be an interesting wrinkle if Octavio knew.

Diana, thank you! Wilbur has kidney failure; but he's still purring along. We make life easy as we can for him. He's 15+. We don't know for sure; he was a Chicago alley kitty.
 

Xlnt, Octavio knew that Sophia wasn't his. I can't remember the episode, but Greta had a flashback. In the flashback, she is holding baby Sophia in her hospital bed. He makes her swear that Paco will never learn that the baby is his.
 

Sorry, that last message in response to Jeri.
 

And so it begins.....the big secrets of Greta.

I'm waiting for those secrets to be revealed!
 

Cynderella, that's right! I remember that flashback now. I guess we'll find out in good time how that shook out. The girls only seem to have good memories of Octavio.
 

Jeri, is it possible Lucas maybe Silvana's son ?

 

Steve, I forget what was said about Lucas's parentage; remind me?

I'm doing a rewatch of the eps occasionally on HuluPlus, and it's a good refresher.
 

Lucas's father died and his mother abandoned him.I kinda doubt Silvy is his mother.I think Mr's Peralta has something to do with his parentage ..
 

I wonder if Salvador's dad is going to come back into the picture; it seems to be an issue with all three of them that could be drama worthy.

If Paco gets back with Greta, then it could be Lupe's ex competing for her, as well as Roberto Ballesteros; if they decide to rehabilitate Salvador's dad.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder