Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Hasta El Fin Del Mundo #31 9/29/14 Go to Jail. Go Directly to Jail. Do Not Pass Go or Collect $200.

Hola, Everyone! There was great discussion over the weekend about why Sofia (Beautiful) would be attracted to Chava (Beast). So I did a little digging and I found this article that gives several reasons why Visually Opposites attract:
 http://www.billdoll.com/ref/ideas/soc/inting/beautiful_women_ugly_men.html
 
Whatever the reasons, Uggo and Hottie couplings like Chava and Sofia happen all the time in real life. Cases in point:
 
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony
 
Pauline Porizkova and Rick Ocasek
 
Rod Stewart and Rachel Hunter

 
On to the recap!
 
Old:
In her hotel room in Brasil, Sofia considers calling Chava but decides against it.
Dani calls to talk to Sofia.
Pato and Silvana get busy in bed.
Chava and Sofia think about each other through the magical windows of their minds.
 
 

New:
Alan and Miguelina are cooking breakfast together. Alexa enters the kitchen and asks Alan to come to the studio. They need to talk privately.
 
Chava heads off to work but is stopped by Lupe'. He's in a hurry because Pato has him driving everywhere in the city making deliveries. Lupe' is worried that someone will offer to buy the house. What if they send Irma? Chava tells her they aren't selling. If Armie wants to sell his house, that's his business. Lupe' holds a post-it note with Aracely's (Paco's daughter) cell phone number. She wants Chava to call Aracely and tell her about Paco's trip to the hospital. Chava is reluctant to make the call. Paco doesn't want Aracely to know about his illness and besides, what if the guy Aracely is living with answers? He really, really doesn't want to call his ex-girlfriend. (Aracely must have mashed his heart hard to have happy-go-lucky Chava dragging his feet.)
 

Mom, I'm just too polite to tell you to mind your own bees wax.
  
Alexa confronts Alan with a note. He confesses that he took money from her to get someone in France to send a script from "Luc Besson". Besides, he took Euros from her not Pesos and he did leave the note. What is she getting so upset about? He still needs more money for post-production and distribution for his film. The Ripoll family should be good for that, right? Alexa can't believe her moocher boyfriend is also a thief. She's not going along with anymore of his lies. She crumples the note and tosses it in his face.
 
Nandito is better and is going back to school. As usual Armie is getting the kid his breakfast and getting him ready for school. (Where is "I'm-sorry-but-my-priorities-come-first" Irma? Oh, wait. I already answered my own question.) Irma shows up with news that Renzi wants to close on the house tomorrow. Then she will get a fat advance check. Armie is taken aback, "So fast? We don't have anyplace to put our stuff."  Irma says they can store the furniture with Paco, and they can live with him for a few days too. (Irma will have the entire neighborhood out on the street soon, so I guess her family should set the example. And we know whatever happens will be Armie's fault anyway, right?)
 

Live with Irma AND Paco? Maybe I'll live under a bridge instead.
 
Pato takes several stacks of money from an envelope and lays them on his desk. Silvana comes in and asks where all the money came from. "It belongs to the company. It's a trap for Salvador Cruz. And I need your assistance." She sits down, "I'm all ears."
 
At the factory, Chava makes the call to Aracely. She is happy to hear from him. He stammers, "Why wouldn't I call? We are good friends after all." He tells her about Paco's emergency visit to the hospital. She knows that Paco tried to forbid anyone from telling her. Chava mumbles that he's done his part and quickly hangs up.
 
Matias, who looks like he just came back from a fishing trip, makes fun of Chava's bag. "It's big enough to use as a swing!" Chava tells him the bag is for all the documents and packages he's delivering for Pato.
 

Dude! You look kind of goofy carrying that shoulder bag.
 
Pato is on the phone with Sofia as Chava comes in to the office. Pato picks up a stack of bills and toys with it as he talks on the phone. "There's no news here. Tobias did ask for a leave of absence." Pato turns toward Chava and pointedly tells Sofia, "I love it when you call me sweetheart." He finishes the call and tells Chava to sit down. Pato picks up the stacks of cash and puts them in his lower desk drawer. "We still have a provider that only accepts cash. Can you believe that there is someone that doesn't take electronic payments?" He gives Chava instructions about the day's deliveries. 
 

Pato's got big hair, big money, and a big... obelisk.
  
Chava takes the envelopes from Pato and puts them in his bag. Silvana comes in and asks Chava to come with her. She needs him to sign a document. Chava leaves the bag on the chair and follows Silvana. Pato retrieves two bundles of cash from the drawer and zips them into the front pocket of Chava's bag. He smiles wickedly, "Stealing is a crime. Don't you know that Salvador?"
 

Pato plays dirty.
 
At the Ripoll house, Fausto finds Dani asleep at her desk. She was studying math and physics. Fausto asks why Dani hasn't left the house, she isn't grounded anymore. He asks about her boyfriend.
 
Lucas and Matias greet each other in the hall. Lucas notices that Matias' locker is lined with pictures of attractive women in bikinis. In the center of the display, Silvana's head has been pasted on a very curvy body. Matias tells Lucas to keep quiet about his Silvana Shrine. (Then don't leave the locker door wide open, doofus!)
 

Cute, but a little creepy.
 
Noemi interrupts them to get Lucas. Silvana needs to see him right away. Matias demands, "What does my love want with you?" Lucas has no idea.
 
Lucas waits for Silvana in the lobby. He watches Silvana and Chava walk across the lobby and go down the hall.
 

Remember this scene Lucas! Chava doesn't have the bag.
 
Lucas gets a call from Dani. He wants to know where she lives so he can introduce himself to her mother. Dani panics, "No! It's just that now is not the right time." He presses Dani on when he'll see her next, she replies vaguely, "Soon."
 
Greta, Alexa and Alan sit down for breakfast. Fausto brings in an express envelope. Fausto says he wouldn't interrupt breakfast, but it's a very important delivery for Alexa. He hands her the envelope. She gives it back, "I'll open it later." Alan urges her to open it now. Fausto announces, "The envelope came from Paris, France. And the sender's name is Luc Besson!" Greta gasps, "Luc Besson! Oh, Alexa!"
 
 
Open mouth, insert hook, reel in sucker.
 
Greta jumps up and hugs her daughter. Alexa looks sick. Fausto watches the scene and seems puzzled by Alexa's reaction.
 

Alexa sure doesn't look like a happy camper.
 
Silvana comes back to the lobby with Chava and greets Lucas. Chava goes to get his bag. Silvana gets a call from Pato who is just behind the admin desk. She feigns shock, "What?! How could that happen?" She apologizes to Lucas and tells him to wait in the break room. She has to go handle a problem.
 
Greta insists that Alexa open the envelope. Alexa refuses so Alan takes the envelope from her and opens it. "It's the script for the new movie!"
Greta asks excitedly, "What's the name of the movie?"
Alan says, "It's called 'Wild'. It's about a woman who is a little wild. But that's just the working title."
Greta wants to know the name of Alexa's character. Alan scans the page, "Here it is. Alexa's character is named Alondra."
Greta gushes, "Alondra! I am so proud of you!" Alexa jumps up from the table and runs out of the room. Greta asks Fausto to go talk to her, but Alan tells them he'll go instead.
 
Armie and Miguelina are talking in the kitchen. Aurora enters with the breakfast food, "Nobody's eating because Alexa got upset and left the table."  Armie is very concerned.
 
Alan follows Alexa outside. "I told you not to send it Alan. This whole thing is a lie."
"You're the queen of lies. We need to get the rest of the money from your family and go back to Madrid to finish the movie. The script from 'Luc Besson' just helps us get it." Alan sees nothing wrong with lying to Greta. Armie has been watching from above.
 

Armie keeps an eye on things.
 
Marisol and Lucas talk in the break room. Chava spots them and gets suspicious. He comes over and sits down at the table with them. Pato enters with a Ripoll security guard. Chava gets up to leave but Pato stops him. "Nobody leaves the factory. Money is missing from my office." Chava looks at Lucas.
 
Greta tells Dani that Fausto is concerned about her. "He says you haven't left the house for days." Dani thinks Fausto talks too much. Greta tells her that Fausto admires her, and despite all their differences she loves Dani unconditionally. Dani tells Greta she loves her too. They hug.
 
Pato has made a big spectacle of his investigation. Ripoll employees are lined up in the lobby. Security guards look through purses, bags and backpacks, then pat the employees down.  
Marisol passes inspection and tells Silvana and Pato that she doesn't like being treated this way over some stolen chocolate. Silvana can't tell them what's been stolen, but it's not chocolate. Pato insists the search is necessary and that they will continue to search the factory area by area.
 

The only thing missing is the 'naked body scanner'.
 
Greta agrees to allow Dani to work part time, as long as she keeps up with her studies. Dani wants to get a job in a photography studio. Greta suggests Dani work for Sofia at the factory. That isn't what Dani had in mind.
 
Chava asks Lucas why he is in the office area. "Silvana called for me." Chava looks doubtful. "I'm not lying."
"Then why are you so nervous?"
"I don't like being searched."
"If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to be nervous about."
The security guards search Lucas and come up with nothing. It's Chava's turn. The guard searches the big compartment of the bag. Nothing. He opens the front pocket and finds the money. Chava insists, "I don't know how it got in there!"
Pato yells, "You're the thief!"
 

The trap is sprung.
 
Armie comes down the hill. "I saw you crying, but I didn't want to be nosy. What's wrong? Did you have a fight with that fool of a boyfriend?"
Alexa sobs, "My life is a lie. My acting career in Madrid, my boyfriend... it's all lies. I'm not what you think I am." She starts to panic. Armie takes her hands in his. "Together we'll stop the panic."
She looks at him, "Together?"
"Let it out. Tell the truth. Here I am. Talk to me."
 
 
 
Greta doesn't understand why Dani doesn't want to work at the factory. Dani says she doesn't want special treatment. She wants to be treated like anyone else. Greta tells her to go to the factory and talk to Silvana. Dani wants Greta to talk to Sofia. Greta promises to talk to them both.
 
Pato counts the money. It's all there. Chava protests his innocence. "I swear on my mother I didn't take the money!"
Silvana folds her arms, "I'd like to believe you."
Chava looks at Pato, "Someone framed me."
Pato thinks the facts are obvious and orders the security guards to take Chava away. They grab him. Chava wrestles away and looks at Silvana. "You know I am innocent." He glares at Pato, "I'm innocent."
 

Okay, you slimy rat bastard. This means war.
 
Chava turns toward the officers and puts his hands forward. They slap the cuffs on. Lucas stares at Chava in disbelief.
 

The good guys get arrested around here? Well then, I'm screwed.
 
Alexa tells Armie, "We owe money to the mob for a film that won't ever come out." Armie wants her to confide in Greta and Sofia. "Honesty is the best therapy."
"You don't judge me. Please stay with me."
"I can fix cars, but I can't fix you." Armie doesn't want to get in trouble. He has to keep his distance.  
 
A maid tells Alan he has a phone call. "How can that be? No one knows I'm here." He picks up the phone. It's the mobster Manolo. He's got friends in Mexico that can put a whole lotta hurt on Alan unless he comes up with the money he owes in one lump sum.
 

Yes, I do like my kneecaps. Why do you ask?
 
Armie tells Alexa things between them could get complicated and he's not going to work for the Ripoll's for much longer anyway. He is going to use the money from his house sale to buy an auto mechanics shop. He and Chava still want to pursue their dreams of racing. He asks Alexa, "I thought you had a movie deal?"
"The script is a phony. A friend of Alan's wrote it. He wants to use it to get money from Sofia. The whole thing is a bunch of lies. There is no job in Madrid. I don't know any famous directors. Being the Ripoll Girl is the only job I've had." She looks tearfully at Armie, "I don't want to get you into trouble." She runs back into the house.
 

My whole life is a lie and I've got horrible taste in cosmetics.
 
The police lead the handcuffed Chava outside. The lot is full of Ripoll employees watching the little procession. Marisol comes running, screaming, "No! Let him go! You can't take my brother!" Matias yells. "This is an injustice! Chava Cruz is the most honorable man I know! We all know that Chava is innocent. He's a hero in the neighborhood!" Chava walks over to Marisol and tells her to calm down. He asks Matias to keep an eye on Lupe' and Marisol. The police put Chava in the car.
 

Well at least this time he doesn't have to drive.
 
The police car pulls away. Marisol runs after it screaming. The factory gate closes behind the car. Marisol looks though the bars and sobs. Matias and Lucas try to comfort her, but she is inconsolable.
 

Thanks to Pato, Chava will have a similar view.
 
Pato and Silvana run into his office giggling madly. She shuts the blinds, "You are a genius."
Pato laughs, "I know. I know."
"Are you going to tell Sofia?"
I'm in charge. I did what I had to do. I'll let the legal department handle it."
They get busy with some hot, post arrest sex.
 

You just know this will involve handcuffs.
 
Alan grabs Alexa and pulls her into the study. He tells her to shut up and listen. "Manolo found me. He called and wants his money. We have to continue with what we started."
 
In Brasil, Sofia meets with prospective clients at a nice restaurant. I feel bad for Sofia. She has no idea how much crap is waiting for her back home.
 
Comandante Tavares interviews Chava. "All the evidence is against you."
"It was a trap and I fell into it. I never touched the money."
Tavares tells Chava that he has officers investigating the crime. "In this case my #1 suspect is Lucas Cavazos."
Chava admits at first he suspected Lucas too, but now he has a feeling that someone set him up. Tavares advises Chava to get a good lawyer.
"First I have to talk to Sofia."
 
 
End of Episode.
 

Labels:


Comments:
Expect Chava to spend LOTS of time in prison for a LONG time.
 

Xint, perfect title. Your screen shots were excellent and the recap was informative yet full of fun and wit. Stellar recap.

"Chava and Sofia think about each other through the magical windows of their minds" - thought that screen shot was lovely.

"Where is "I'm-sorry-but-my-priorities-come-first" Irma? Oh, wait. I already answered my own question)"; "Live with Irma AND Paco? Maybe I'll live under a bridge instead" and "Yes, I do like my kneecaps. Why do you ask?" were among my many favorites.

How do you solve a problem like Alan? While the handsome Armando is a wonderful confidante and protector, I think the only one who can really help her is Sophia. I would have added Greta who was certainly no one's fool initially, but who strangely now seems to be sporting rose colored glasses with no intention of taking them off. At least Fausto is suspicious.

I don’t think that there is anything about Matias I am not crazy about. “Matias tells Lucas to keep quiet about his Silvana Shrine”. I admit I laughed out loud at his cut and paste workmanship showing Sil’s head on another’s body. He is infatuated and what he is doing is what a kid would do. But that is him – a big kid at heart without a mean or hurtful bone in his body.

I hope Sophia will rally to Chava's defense. I'm not sure how anyone will be able to prove it was a set-up so am thinking the only way he may be released is if Sophia drops the charges (I'm thinking that would be in her purview to do so). It's far too early for Pato to be caught. Right?

Thanks Xint. This was great.

Diana
 

Xlnt, thanks for a wonderful recap and captions. You had me laughing this morning. My faves were: "Cute, but a little creepy." and "Yes, I do like my kneecaps. Why do you ask?"

Thanks also to the link to that fascinating article. Personally, I have always believed in the old saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Not knowing much about Pedro Fernández except that he was a Grammy awarded singer and actor, I found some of his concert footage online. All I can say is he is one animated performer and he sure has his female fan base!

The best line last night was Armando telling Alexa that he could fix cars but not her.

Guilty wish: that the mafioso would come and make Alan disappear and if Alexa keeps acting the fool, he would make her disappear, too.

The same old same old set up: last week it was the same old pearl necklace set up on MCET (just like CI), this week it is the large quantity of planted cash.

Poor Sofía! She will be surprised when Chava is not there to meet her at the airport.

Jarifa

 

Diana, it's likely Chava will be in prison for several months.

Patrick will be winning for awhile.


 

Steve, I really hope you are wrong and that Chava is sprung pronto!

I can't see him languishing in jail too long but I could certainly be wrong.

Jarifa, "The best line last night was Armando telling Alexa that he could fix cars but not her". Thanks for sharing that.

Diana
 

Xlnt, I will bet you that it was not love at first sight for any of those women. This is the real world. Would any of us refer to those men as handsome? Sofia was stunned by Chava when she first laid eyes on him. WHATEVER! Anyways, your captions were cracking me up. "Rat Bastard" makes me laugh whenever and wherever I hear it.
 

Thanks Cathy! I missed the episode, but couldn't miss your recap.

I really hope the Chava situation is cleared up soon, or at least Sofia refuses to believe that Chava stole and drops all charges.

Cyn- I took the first time Sofia and Chava met as soul-mates recognizing each other, more so than Sofia being stunned by Chava's hotness. Kind of like the llamada de sangre that happens when parents-kids meet for the first time in tns.

Please, please, let the mob put a beat down on Alan!
 

VIVI, I would agree with you if the characters in THIS telenovela didn't refer to his "hotness"and how he's a lady's man. You'd mentioned that you haven't been watching for a while and just been reading the recaps. That's my problem. I have no problem with him and her together. But I'm not blind! Say that he's charming, not that he's hot!
 

"Live with Irma AND Paco? Maybe I'll live under a bridge instead. "

This had me laughing out loud in class hah.

I loved Alexas and Armandos convo. I hope she actually does something with Alan. I HATE how that slimebag can get under everyones skin.

Poor Sofia has to come back to this mess.. I hope she gets Chava out or we'll have another prison drama.
 

Cyn- True. I have missed quite a few episodes. Maybe we should send a note to these writers and tell them to change the script to point out Chava's sparkling personality, and quit having people say how manly and hot he is. :)
 

xlnt – Terrific recap. You picked up on so many things I missed, like Pato’s big obelisk. My favorites:

Live with Irma AND Paco? Maybe I'll live under a bridge instead.

Pato's got big hair, big money, and a big... obelisk.

Open mouth, insert hook, reel in sucker.

The eyes have it. Once Chava discounted Lucas and honed in on Paco framing him, his eyes could’ve burned a whole in Paco’s head.

The detective is going to check the cash for fingerprints. Paco’s, not Chava’s, hands were all over it, so I’m guessing Chava won’t spend much time in the clink.

I have lost patience with Alexa, if I ever had it in the first place. Woman, for pete’s sake, DO SOMETHING. Self-pity is okay for awhile, but then it’s just boring. You let Alan stay in the mansion and now the whole household is at risk. Come clean with Greta, or at least Fausto.

Can’t wait to see how Sofia handles the Chava-stole-the-money. Pato lost the goodwill of the entire Ripoll staff, frisking and checking the bags of longtime employees who feel like family there.
 

Thank you everyone! This episode left me wondering just how much money Alan owes the mob. Alexa said that with what she made from Ripoll her debts were almost paid off. It seems likely he lied to her too. I still don't see why Alan's debt is Alexa's problem. I agree with you Niecie, she needs to stop the pity party and help herself.

I think the scene with Lucas watching Silvana and Chava walk across the lobby will be important. Lucas will be able to testify that Chava didn't have the bag. That means someone else had access to it to set Chava up.

Diana, you're right about Greta. I don't get why she fell under Alan's spell. As I recall, there is a maid in the house (not Aurora) that went all googly-eyed over him a few episodes back. Unfortunately I think he'll be inflicting himself on the Ripoll family for quite a while. Greta won't be kicking "a royal" to the curb very soon.

Niecie, I agree that searching the employees like that was terrible. Nothing like being treated like a criminal in your own workplace. The employees will resent that for a long time.


 

Having a bad feeling that Alexa's problems will get innocent people in serious danger of the Mob's crosshairs.

 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder