Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Que Pobres Tan Ricos: Lupita marries Alejo.

We enter to enjoy watching AS being tortured by former friends. She's expecting to buy her way back into their good graces,

Sadly, Lupe is yelling at MA yet again. Chuy says: "Mike, go. Now."

Minerva tells Alejo she did what he wanted, to the letter. "Now be sure the frygirl never sees my Mike again. Marry her soon and be happy." They sign the papers. are divorced, and share a moment of glee.


I was right, Fri was not pregnant after all, or at least, she tells Tizoc it was a false positive. In her fancy living room he crows: "Hurrah! There won't be any changing of diapers in the middle of concerts." Tears are standing in her eyes. He's a jerk but has a tinge of regret, after a prolonged goodbye including sad whistling he leaves, almost goes back, but doesn't.

At Wendy's the delighted ladies getting their hair done eavesdrop as Wendy tells Carmelita Diego has gone home and then MA shows up and endures loud congratulations for his reconciliation with Lupe. He whispers to Carmelita: things are worse than ever. The harpies can't hear so I guess he repeats it for their benefit, because they agree, "She's the most stubborn woman we know, she's like a mule." On his way out, MA runs into Saul coming in and realizes Saul's come to see Wendy!

At the market, it seems Trofeo is spitting on fruit to polish it. He reassures Nepo: "I drink a lot of tequila so my mouth is clean." Diego is working with his father who announces: "Now that the prince is gone I have my Diego back; we won't think any more about that other subject."

MA and Saul arrive to do some legal business with Nepo, who points out MA is as gloomy as a losing soccer team. MA has an office at the market now and may start expanding the business.

In jail Alejo gives Wilma his divorce papers to read. She's sure he's figured out a way to trick Minerva out of her share. He crows: he'll be married to Lupita in a few hours. Wilma calls him a Napoleonic strategist; he agrees. "And then when you have complied with the Clause, you'll get me freed." "Be patient."

Charlie describes how Tizoc's show will go: there will be just one light focused on him and his name TAY in purple letters. Tizoc gets shivers of delight. He wants them to hear his new song. They are not interested. They are going to tell HIM what to sing. "But this is the rhythm of my blood, I'm of the barrio." "That music is for the poor. You signed the contract so now you do what I say or you pay back all the money we invested in you, and you won't be able to do that even if  you spend your entire life trying."

MA is still hunting unsuccessfully for Mati. Mati is still cheerfully ensconced in her red satin PJs and reassuring Chuy she will not allow him to lose the house.

Lupe asks Emi where he'd live if he had his choice. He refuses to tell her. Tizoc arrives sulking. "You were right, I was an idiot not to read the contract."

MA tells his troubles to Frida. She says "keep trying." Outside the door eavesdropping and cheering: Ana Sofia. "At last it's over!"

Alejo lays out the scenario: if Lupita refuses him, her family loses the house and she loses Emiliano (he will no doubt choose to live with his father). If she marries Alejo, "I'll name Emi my heir, then I'll give you a divorce and leave you in peace and promise never to see him again."

MA gives Tomas a big check and thanks him for working so hard "even when I didn't know if I could ever pay you." Tomas tells him about Alejo's threat to take the Menchaca home.

Mike runs off to yell at Alejo but finds Minerva instead. She taunts him: "Any moment now Lupe will be marrying Alejo." He doesn't believe it but just in case - where? "Must be at the Justice of the Peace."

Mike rushes off to the JP, bursts through the door and tackles the guy who's signing a marriage certificate. Of course it's just some random stranger who MA throws on the ground. He apologizes all round.

Ana Sofia thinks she's gotten everything she wants, she crows to Leo: "Now there is nothing tying us to the Menchacas." "Ma, remember the smallest of them has our illustrious blood." "That is the business of the insupportable Alejo. None of MY three children are canoodling any longer with any plebes of the Napolera. I did all I could to separate you from that soccer player." "He was there for you in the hospital." He reluctantly agrees it's best he left Diego behind.

AS continues, "Even if MA had succeeded with 'her' he eventually would have had to send her back to the Nopalera, class will out." "But how about my sister with el exotico de Tizoc?" "It was just heat of circumstances. She'll find a new lover at her own social level. All mothers know their children to perfection and I am no exception."

While MA is tackling the innocent groom at the Registrar's office, elsewhere Lupita does marry Alejo. Signed, sealed and delivered. She's crying and says "OK, now leave us in peace." Alejo says, not so fast, there are a lot of legal issues to work through. "Stay away from Emiliano," she warns. He taunts her with the idea of a honeymoon.

Tizoc tells his dad Frida is not "panzona. I'm so lucky." "Did she show you the results?" "Would she lie to me? But now, I must away, fame, women and millions of pesos await me!"

MA goes to wait for Lupe. Chuy is annoyed to see him. "Leave her in peace, let her get on with her life." MA leaves. Carm demurs: "I think his love is sincere and he has the right to fight for it." "The only fighter around here is me and I retired."

Lupe asks forgivenness of the virgin for marrying Alejo and asks for a miracle: "Emi has a good heart, can he be as he was before the RP arrived?"

MA is in high dudgeon, Saul tries to calm him with yoga, with the visualization of a field of daisies, and with this reminder: "We went to a lot of trouble to get you out of jail, you don't want to go back, so stay cool. Don't strangle Alejo. Think of your family and how to project them from him, because if he complies with the Clause he'll take everything you have."

At the meeting Alejo SHOUTS at the old dudes, "I WIN!! Applause for me!!" They say it will take a few days. They make snide remarks about the damage to Alejo's "noble parts" and add, "Lucky you'd made a kid already. If your spouse is understanding enough to accept you as you are, she is a saint." "Like your wives, old dudes," he yells in their ears.

At school the fresas run up to see Frida. "You got your money back and are back to normal. Didn't you miss us?" They ask about her totonaco boyfriend. "I broke up with him." "Your anthropological study is over? Come to our fancy party." "Super cool, but no."

Leo's fresa friends want to hook him up with a girl. He bluffs, "there are babes who are dying to be with me." His friends say the eyes of [upper class] Mexico are on the RP family. "I'm not very free," Leo muses.

Ana Sofia asks a lawyer what it would take for her to get her hands on the RP money independently of Mike. "You just need his signature on a power of attorney." "Just one signature!?" She smiles.

Tomorrow: more tsuris.

Labels:


Comments:
Grrrrr.
 

Wonderful recap, Jane.

I still can't believe Lupe married Ahole without a written contract in place. I knew she was going to cave, but I had hoped for her to be smart enough to establish conditions in writing.

If I needed more reason, tonight's episode further cemented why AS I'd despicable. I hate her I hate her I hate her! She was in prime form tonight, not caring one bit about what her children actually want.

Trofeo was breathing on the apples to steam them up, which isn't much better, but does beat spitting on them.
 

12:04, I was indulging in a little authorial exaggeration...
 

Jane:

Thank you so much for this fabulous recap. What a dour episode, but this recap is fab!

Oh, I so didn't want Lupe to cave. I'm with Anon 12:04, Lupe should have gotten something in writing from Ahole. Ahole is so good at screwing people over and Lupe should have remembered that.

I didn't like the way Emi didn't answer Lupe when she asked who he would live with, if he had a choice. His non answer said it all.

AS is just horrid. That women will go to any lengths to get her hands on that money. I hope she isn't successful.

I had to laugh at Leo sticking his foot in his mouth with his friends, when he said he wasn't really free, ha! Then of course he corrected himself.

I still think Frida is preggers. She is mad at Tizoc, but time will tell.

Loved seeing Mati all bright and chipper, but for goodness sake, she needs a change from those silk jammies. She has been wearing them since Ahole dropped her off on that street corner.

Funniest part tonight was the Zombies giving Ahole hell about his manly bits, too funny. I can't stand the way he shouts at them as if they were deaf. I also hope there is another surprise awaiting him in the Grandfather clause where he is still stopped from taking over El Editorial and the RP money completely. Now that would be a hoot.
 

For most of the run of this tn I thought we were going to be spared protagonista stupidity, but, alas, it was not to be. Where's the feisty, intelligent, communicative Lupita from the beginning of the tn - who would have immediately questioned Minerva's stupid lies (wouldn't have listened to her in the car in the first place); been upfront and honest with in a family meeting and told them everything that was going on and that Alejo was holding over her head? That Lupita would've said, "Bring it on" when the ahole threatened to take Emiliano. What a wuss she's become!

I also don't think Frida was telling the truth about not being pregnant. The look on her face as she looked away from Tizoc when he was spewing all that mess about how they dodged a bullet said it all.
 

Why, Lupita? Why???!!!!!

Jane- Thanks for another great recap, while this show is in the doldrums. Things have to get better soon, right?

Off Topic: Jane- If you read this, the Mi Corazon es Tuyo link on the sidebar is not working. There have been lots of complaints on that line from people who access the recaps through the link on the sidebar.
 

Hi Vivi, thanks for the heads up. The reason the feed was not working was that Jardinera asked me to set it up thus: MCET and people have instead been tagging thus: mcet - labels are case sensitive. I have now changed the feed to reflect what the bloggers are actually doing and it should be working. Let me know if not. Appreciate the help.
 

Jane, I had the MCET recap last night and used labels mcet and MCET and it still does not show on the MCET blog list... but i will check again.

back to QPTR...
great recap, Jane!
add me to those who know Frida is indeed pregnant.

Lupe and A-hole were getting married in his (his still, even when Mini considers it hers) house while Mini sent MA hunting at the JP.

I am counting on Emi hearing some A-hole convo before the time he goes to judge to tell who he wants to stay with... the problem is when A-hole threatens Lupe i am not sure Emi would get the whole gist of that...
but if A-hole is talking to someone else like Mini or Vilma on phone and says something more obvious, then I think Emi would be able to piece the puzzle together.
But if not, then Mati would be the hero... not only about the Menchaca house, but I still believe if the Board learns she is still alive, she would still have the control over the corporate or at least they would not hand it over to A-hole so fast.
But someone needs to alert MA that Mati is there... and maybe MA (or Saul) still has the contact number for Dr Miranda.
what Nepo told MA was that he looked like his soccer team had just been demoted from Div 2 to Div 3 (think NCAA Div B to Div C, sort of like a MLB team sends a player back to minor leagues). MA asked Nepo how many divisions were there and he signaled 4 with his hand. MA's face was priceless.

 

Mati did tell Chuy not to worry about the house, because it is still in her name.
 

man, this is going to be a tough tough month to get through if Lupe goes to live with A-hole and we have to wait for the sunrise until the ending.
 

ok, checked again and my recap DOES show up in the MCET list.
 

Jane, thanks for your wonderful recap this a.m. ! Thanks even more for teaching the word "tsuris"!

I cannot bear to comment about the stupid Lupe/Alejo marriage so I won't .

Madelaine, ITA about Frida being pregnant. I think she is so upset that she is not going to tell anyone until she comes to terms with it herself. I liked when Carmelita asked Tizoc if he had seen the results of the test himself just to be sure. Of course he didn't. Don Chuy was also not believing what Frida told Tizoc.

We all knew that Tizoc's contract was going to turn out to be what it was. So glad he now knows. He was really on the hot seat in this episode.

I could not believe Vilma was elevating Alejo beyond Machiavelli and Napolean to "Alejandro Magno" "Alexander the Great."

I also loved Carmelita really giving it to don Chuy by telling him that at least MA was not giving up fighting for Lupita not like some "others" (don Chuy) who have "pure atole in their veins." Then don Chuy looks at his veins. So funny! Guess that don Chuy hasn't been romancing her lately!

Nepo was so funny with his dreams of the "offices" for the juice business with everything in marble and real cool paintings all over the place like the picture of the dogs playing cards.

How will AS manage to get MA's signature on that power of attorney? I sure hope he reads what he signs . . . . .

Jarifa





 

Characters keeping unnecessary secrets is such a poor plot device...lazy writing.

Rob
 

I have a feeling AS will trick MA into signing some sheet of paper or she will try to fake his signature... not sure she would know a lawyer/notary for the seal. But there are ways to get a signature without having the person actually read or sign it AS a POA.
 

Am I understanding this right? I think there is one 'fortune bucket' that is MA's, that he earned with his own work in Europe. That one is NOT vulnerable to A-hole getting power over the corporate. The 'fortune bucket' that IS vulnerable for A-hole to take over is the RP fortune, the one AS keeps saying she should have control over, even though Aureliano had left MA to manage so AS would not splurge it.

 

Marta, you are right. MA's fortune he earned on his own in Europe is not at risk.

Jarifa
 

Thank you Jane. As I've mentioned, I'm watching the last weeks of this because I am interested in seeing how it plays out.

Unfortunately, that means that I have not had months to accustom my ear to the speakers/slang. Your recap and all the recaps are very important to me as I watch. I would be lost without them.

Now, having confessed to not really keeping up I hope I can be forgiven for asking:

Weren't Mini and Alejo married in the church? Did they take care of that?
 

Sara:

You know I can't remember if they Mini and Ahole married in the church. If they did though, I'm sure Ahole used the Mini is sterile thingy in order to get an annulment, they never said if Ahloe got an annulment. Ahole sure married Lupe fast. I thought there was some type of waiting period after signing divorce papers.
 

Jarifa:

Alexander the Great, snort! Ahole only wishes he were that smart. Vilma gives him way more credit than he deserves. I can't wait for her to open her eyes!
 

Madelaine, I sure hope Alejo ends up in the pen and Vilma on a beach somewhere drinking mai tais and enjoying some of his money.

Jarifa
 

I don't think A-hole has married ANYONE by church... certainly not Mini. and not Lupe now.
 

I thought they were married in the church.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCVHdP8qgYM
 

I agree with the comment where the hell is the smart Lupe we met in the beginning. I am so sick and tired of TN protagonists being terminally stupid about half way through. Lupe should have told her family about Ahole's threats, if not them Tomas or even bend her stiff necked pride and go to MA for help. But no, she has to try and be the heroine and shoulder the burden by herself. Just once i'd like to see a really sharp heroine who actually uses her brains.

Laughed at the little talk AS had with Leo and her ending up saying mothers know their children and she is one of the best. She hasn't got the faintest idea of who and what her children are except maybe Da Vinci.

Hilarious that Saul gets caught by MA when he goes to see Guendy and then comes up with the lame excuse that he needed a haircut and her place was the closest. Still laughing thinking about it.
 

he didn't even say hair cut, Decie. I think he said he was there for a shaving... which MA was like 'shave what??' lol!
 

Sara:

Now I remember the wedding and thanks so much for the clip. It was funny with Isela salivating at all the money she and Mini would have access to. I guess maybe Ahole didn't get an annulment. When Mini went to the Doc to find out why she wasn't preggers, she found out she would never be able to have kids because of her condition. She has an infantile uterus which means it never grew and so she can never carry a bebe. Ahole didn't find out till later that Mini and Isela cooked up a fake pregnancy to make Ahole think Mini was preggers. Ahole and Vilma, actually Vilma discovered the real paperwork when searching Mini's room. They also found Mini's preggers padding at the same time.

So since Ahole married Mini in the Church, he was only able to marry Lupe civilly, because I'm sure he never took the time to get an annulment. He can't marry Lupe in the Church, which is a good thing!

 

About Don Chuy and Lupe, why oh why will they never stay quiet long enough for MA to get a word in. Don C is always cutting MA off before he can even speak. The only person that truly listens to MA besides Saul is Carmelita. I like that about her. She actually listens, and for the love of Pete, why didn't MA just talk over Chuy and tell him about Lupe possibly marrying Ahole right at that moment! That would have shut Chuy up!
 

Thanks Mads. That makes sense. Or I'll pretend he got an annulment off camera. I guess it's my Southern sensibilities but it still seems to me he's married. (Like I'm one to talk; I was only married civilly... TWICE. Never a church wedding.)

Of course we are talking the bad guys so one more misdeeds really doesn't matter.
 

Thanks, Jane! Very entertaining.

AS is THE WORST. I wish that just once, when she's guilting her children into doing her bidding and going on about how much trouble she had to bring them into the world and they should worship her or whatever, one of them would ask her if that's how she treats her own mother. Tell us, Ana Sufrida, how much love and slavish devotion you have given to your mama. Does she know you perfectly? Does she know you at all?

I, too, fear that Frida may really be pregnant, since AS went on so much about no longer having any ties to los Menchaca (and of course Leo had to remind her that they are related to Emiliano, the same way he always has to remind her that Frida exists). And then Carmelita and Chuy wondering if Tizoc was sure. That plotline isn't wrapped up yet, one way or another.

Really disappointed that Lupita signed the marriage papers without nailing down the terms in writing first. And after she gave Tizoc such a hard time for getting involved in Ahole's nonsense without reading the contract! On the plus side, that JP noticed that she seemed to be doing it under duress, so maybe he'd be willing to say so and help her get an annulment when it comes to that.

So how long do we think Ahole will keep faking nice to Emiliano? Until he actually has the money and power in his greedy hands? Or does he figure that now that he has the marriage on record, that's good enough to meet the terms so he doesn't have to keep cozying up to Emiliano any more?
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

I think A-hole will drop Emi right back on Lupe's lap once he has the corporate power and money. UNLESS he needs something else from Lupe or has another vested interest...
I am still betting on Emiliano seeing the light one of two ways... (or both):
listening to a convo of A-hole's OR
finding Mati and getting the gist from her...


 

I want to know what Lupe is going to tell her family about marrying Ahole. This should be interesting. I know she gave Ahole terms. But then again Ahole enjoys seeing people suffer. I bet he won't keep his word and continues to brain wash Emi to keep Lupe in line. Just a theory.
 

Ana Sofia goes on and on so much about how much she suffered for her children as she "gave them life" that I bet she had them all by cesarean at the first twinge of labor pains - or maybe even by surrogate! Somehow I can't picture this selfish broad doing otherwise.
 

Well, I understand recovering from a cesarean is no picnic, but I suspect AS took every drug and comfort offered and handed her babies off to a team of doulas and nannies. No losing sleep to feed and rock them for her! She probably headed straight from the birthing suite (obviously the fanciest available, fully stocked with lots of painkillers and a full team of professionals to touch up her hair and makeup and give her foot massages and fetch her snacks and apply her cremas, and oh yeah, a doctor to collect the baby, too) to a baby-free spa vacation! I'm sure she would have been happy to use a surrogate except probably there weren't any potential willing surrogates she considered high-class enough to carry Ruizpalacios Romagnoli babies.
 

I'm thinking Ahole will keep being nice to Emilhole until he has the control he wants and then hasta la vista nino. There is no doubt that Lupe will try and keep silent about the marriage but Ahole is forcing her to move in with him so her hopes will be dashed. Also once Emilhole knows he'll be packing his new daddy given stuff and be ready to roll. The poor little brat is going to have a rude awakening one of these days.
 

Thanks, Jane! You always seem to get the most frustrating episodes, no matter what night you recap.

(Ahh - a field of margaritas = a field of daisies. Of course. I was imagining another kind of margaritas... maybe I was thirsty. :-)

Anon 3:50 et al, I've been thinking the same all week about Lupita. This is not how she's handled problems in the fast. It's as if the protagonista's brain always goes dead as soon as we hit ultimas semanas.

I think (suspect) she wasn't planning to tell her family about this little wedding at all. I think she was hoping that all of the problems would disappear the minute she married Ahole. Now it looks as though they're going to mushroom (big surprise) and she probably won't be able to keep it secret very long - especially with Ahole telling Emi about it in the avances.
 

I meant to say "This is not how she's handled problems in the PAST." (not "fast")
 

I think Emiliano is going to have to overhear something himself, or he won't believe any ill of his dad. And if somebody else tells him, that would be cruel.
 

Thanks Jane. I too don't like the way this show is going. I never thought that Lupe would actually marry Alejo. But now that she is, I would like Alejo to finally be caught and convicted of murdering Adolfo and of fraud and money laundering. Then Lupe, being his wife, would get everything he has.
 

Well, I'm not thrilled about the wedding, but it ought to be good for some laughs - because I don't think Lupita is going to make this easy for Alejo. (I'll be mad if she does!)
 

Julie, I thought that her signing the document was the 'wedding'.
 

Yes, it was the wedding, and I am not thrilled about it.

Okay, to be clearer, I should have said it like this:

I'm not thrilled about the fact that the wedding took place; but their marriage (the days of their wedded bliss) ought to be good for some laughs.
 

There's no episode tonight, correct? It's all MCET from 8 to 11?
 

Is it really? Where are you seeing that? Univision's website shows the usual lineup.
 

My DVR shows the same but zap2it says it's the usual line up. Plus last night the avances for DQTQTQ said "mañana" So I assumed that everything was normal despite what my DVR was saying.
 

Cathyx- - you just provided my (hopefully) light at the end of the tunnel.
"I would like Alejo to finally be caught and convicted of murdering Adolfo and of fraud and money laundering. Then Lupe, being his wife, would get everything he has."

It would be marvelous if Lupe ended up in control of the RP fortune! That would set AS back on her rear end. Thanks for bringing me a smile. And then Mati could come out of hiding and team up with Lupe! Sweet!
 

Oh, I would love to see AS having to beg Lupita for lunch money, and thrifty Lupita giving her enough to get tacos from a street stand.
 

Thanks for this most excellent recap. Well done and very much appreciated.

Last night Tato used a word that brought back fond memories of my first session with my long-time Spanish tutor, doña Adriana. Quemacoco refers to a convertible car. She was giving me examples of unusual colloquial Spanish words and expressions and having me guess their meanings. I didn't guess that one... quema (burns), coco (coconut), or burns head... get it? Well I haven't heard that again since then, but, there it was... quemacoco... I wanted to hug Tato for bringing back that memory.

Carlos
 

Yay, finally Tato is good for something. He's done his duty. Now he can go away.
 

Julia,

Or to put it another way:

Thanks Tato... NEXT!

Carlos
 

It was my program guide (Comcast) that said MCET from 8 to 11, with an estrellas special (MCET stars) in the 7 pm time slot. I wasn't expecting that.

It's not the first time we've found conflicting schedule information for Univision. I'll just have to tune in tonight and see for myself. :-P
 

Julie-that is exactly what mine said. I'm in the central time zone and DQTQTQ is on and not that estrellas special.
 

My listing says the schedule is normal tonight.
 

It was before 9 am when I looked. It may be fixed now (assuming it was wrong).
 

My DVR is still showing the incorrect info. I had to tell it to record the special so I could have DQTQTQ recorded.
 

It looks like one of the "old dudes" changed actors. I hope the original actor is all right. I remember him from Soñadoras.

Denise
 

apparently this one will end earlier, the Univ page for La Malquerida says it will start aug 25 at 10pm.
 

Good catch, Denise! I didn't notice the new/recast zombie.

All along I've been wanting Gwendy with Saul, and Mini with Nepo. Now I have a better idea: Nepo should end up alone. He doesn't deserve anyone. (Maybe he deserves Ana Sofia, but I can't imagine how that would happen.)

I am REALLY warming up to the idea of Frida getting together with Tomas. Tom wants a family, and Frida is either upset about being pregnant, or upset about not pregnant. Which means she's either having a baby or wishes she were.

And, unlike Perla, Frida has never (that I can recall) expressed an interest in any particular career. Her "hobby" is social justice, but she still doesn't seem to understand the irony of her own attitudes. She wasn't fascinated by the legal aspects of her brother's case, and doesn't seem interested in social work either. So much for social justice.

She was good at getting work for Tizoc's band, so that might still be a career that she can pursue part-time while raising a child; but I also think she's generally more caring and attentive than Perla.

Nevertheless, I feel like we're being steered towards a Frida/Tizoc outcome. Oh well. Maybe Perla will suddenly start acting like a grownup.
 

Oh, and I don't care who Mini ends up with. I still think she should look up that boy who rejected her back in kindergarten or whatever and get some closure on that life-altering event. :-)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder