Thursday, July 24, 2014

De Que Te Quiero, Te Quiero #141, 7/24/2014

De que otro clavo NO saca otro clavo, no saca otro clavo

Lovers’ Games, Courtship & Heartbreak
Nat enjoys the flashmob of her neighbors line dancing to a song about forgiveness, but her smile doesn’t turn upside down until the man asking for forgiveness actually appears with a bouquet of red roses. She once again says she can’t forgive him, and this time flashes her engagement ring for emphasis and informs Diego of her new commitment to Andrés.

Diego and Al return to Bro Central where Diego pouts, while admiring his new YouTube video, and Al tells him Nat’s reaction is not unusual considering what Diego did to her, and perhaps it’s time to move on. Simona calls, Diego heads to her office to talk business, and then she invites him to a photography art show. Diego picks her up at her fancy apartment, interrupting her 100th viewing of his YouTube video, and while she makes martinis he wonders if she could be the nail that drives out the other nail (clavo que saca otro clavo).

Coincidentally, Andres invites Nat to the same art show (his future father-in-law, whom he really likes, told him about it). The two couples bump into each other. Diego throws his arm around Simona and introduces Nat as his COUSIN. Nat counters by saying her mom is his aunt, but they (she and Diego) are NOTHING to each other. With those pleasantries out of the way, they each go their separate ways. Nat lies to Andres that she hasn’t seen Diego in like forever (not just that morning), and Simona keeps quiet about knowing that Diego and Nat were an item and Diego has become a YouTube star with his embarrassing efforts to win her back. Nat and Diego get snuggly with their companions in a show to make each other jealous. Andres goes home later, watches a show on romantic gestures (a bit of Amorcito Corazon is shown), and sees the flashmob video. He’s not pleased.

Meanwhile, Brigitte dines with her dad, Mr. Mushroom, at a French restaurant, and finds she doesn’t like fancy food like paté as much as she thought. She wonders if the place serves tacos. The Mushroom is sufficiently offended. They can agree that they want to break El and Carmen up, and clear the way for the Mushroom. Brat tells Mushroom that the way to Carmen’s heart is to treat her kids well—so Mushroom needs to start treating Brat like a princess. (Very clever, Brat!) She returns home with multiple shopping bags of tiny dresses with HUGE price tags, finds out El is out for the evening on a mission (which falls through), and invites Mushroom to come over to accost Carmen. El arrives, just as Brat makes the excuse to go buy bread, and Brat plays up to him the fact that Carmen and Mushroom are ALONE. El bursts in just as Mushroom is moving in for the kill on a very uncomfortable Carmen, throws Mushroom out, and then punches his lights out. Carmen and Brat hover over Mushroom and call El a savage. He and Carmen break up (maybe) and he leaves in a huff. The Mushroom is battered and bruised, but Brat assures him they had a victory. El goes to Bro Central and Al advises him to drop the jealousy and trust Carmen.  He also squeals like a fangirl when he learns Paul Mushroom, his idol, and the key to Tiburcio’s slow but steady recovery (he can move his right hand pretty well now, but still can’t vocalize well), is the Brat’s dad.

Brat tells Carmen that El has so offended the Mushroom that Mushroom will have nothing to do with Brat until El apologizes. Carmen actually acknowledges that El was not totally in the wrong to put Mushroom in his place, and Hell would have to freeze over before he apologizes. Brat guilts Carmen into promising to ask El.

For Better or for Worse, In Sickness and In Health
Tad is not feeling well, AND is in a bad mood after overhearing Irene advising Nat not to make the same choice she did and marry a man she isn’t in love with. He takes it out on Irene and gets snippy. He lies that he’s meeting his art dealer, and instead goes to the hospital to report his recent dizzy spells. The doctor orders blood tests.

Tad runs into Irene in the hospital corridor and lies that he already went to see the art dealer, and then came to the hospital because he called the house and found out Irene would be there to visit Vicente. His bad mood seems to have lifted, and Irene notices (although she thinks he looks pale). The writers have given us sufficient clues that this may be the end of the road for poor Tad.

Vicente, on the other hand, proves the saying “yerba mala nunca muere.” Irene speaks to her unconscious father sweetly, telling him about a picture she found of herself as a child with him and her mom, and about the time he took her on her first rollercoaster (montaña rusa/"Russian mountain").  He opens his eyes, and in the sweetest voice we’ve ever heard the old goat use, calls out her name. Irene is overjoyed. She tells Tad and Vicente’s doctor, then calls Diego. Diego arrives and also speaks to Grumps. Grumps continues to be all sweetness and light. He asks if Diego was with him when he had the last crisis, and I get really upset that Grumps has forgotten that Rod tried to kill him. But not to fear folks! The old goat is just faking being confused. He remembers perfectly well his last encounter with Rod, when Rod messed with his medical equipment to hasten his death. He says to himself: “Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos!” (Raise crows and they will peck your eyes out!) 

Avances: Grumps plots how to take Rod down. Andres tries to lock Nat down by speeding up the wedding.

Labels:


Comments:
Vivi in DC, don't pull an "Ana" on us. Get your rest and we will happily wait for your recap in the AM!!

Fatima
 

Meh. It was more frustration.

Brigitte is indeed a blight.

If Tad is going to continue to look so sad I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it.
 

I hope it's a happy tired, Vivi :D

Something is seriously wrong with me. I actually teared up when Irene talked about Vicente being the one to go on all the rides with her at the amusement park. And I'm glad he's conscious again. And I'm really glad he's finally seen the light about Rod and is ready to make him pay!
 

OK. I drank some tea and got a second wind. It's a short recap, but I think I covered all the impoatant points. Now, I'm going to bed.
 

Sleep well, Vivi! and gracias for the recap. I agree, it covered everything it needed to!

"Al tells him Nat’s reaction is not unusual considering what Diego did to her, and perhaps it’s time to move on." And when ALONSO tells you it's time to move on....

"Meanwhile, Brigitte dines with her dad, Mr. Mushroom, at a French restaurant, and finds she doesn’t like fancy food like paté as much as she thought. She wonders if the place serves tacos." Stay classy, Brigitte. Stay classy.

"The writers have given us sufficient clues that this may be the end of the road for poor Tad." Grrr! OK, fine...Tad can have 1 more scare, Irene can realize she DOES love him, like LOVE him, and a second round of marrow from Nat will fix everything. Can we please do that instead of Tad dying?
 

Oh wow! Thanks Vivi! I agree you covered everything.

"He also squeals like a fangirl when he learns Paul Mushroom, ...is the Brat’s dad."

Ha!! Now that you mention it he really did act like a fan girl!

Also thanks for singling out the "Cría cuervos" line. It's perfect for Rod. I'm glad that Grumps recognizes he had a hand in what Rod is.
 

Vivi grearrrrrtttt.

"She returns home with multiple shopping bags of tiny dresses with HUGE price tags"

"squeals like a fangirl"

"He opens his eyes, and in the sweetest voice we’ve ever heard the old goat use, calls out her name."

Close call and feared another character assassination when Tad lost his cool with Irene but thankfully regained his stiff upper lip.

Nat - wait just a minute, where'd that redhead come from

Diego - Pros: she's hot, got her own place, professional, obviously likes me, never married my brother

Andres - now you get to experience the little lies of omission, eats away at ya don't it

Brigitte - agree, you got daddy's smarts

Vincente - oh you bad, bad boy

Tad - will you take it to your grave

Irene - the pretender

El - can't help it if his face hit my fist

Carmen - damned if I do and damned if I don't

Paul - you really need to work on your game


 

Vivi, poignant and sweet. You gave us the facts wrapped up with humor and insight. Thank you! (Still chuckling at your "Ana" comment Fatima)...

"Diego and Al return to Bro Central where Diego pouts, while admiring his new YouTube video" and "while she makes martinis he wonders if she could be the nail that drives out the other nail (clavo que saca otro clavo)" were great. "multiple shopping bags of tiny dresses with HUGE price tags" was hilarious. Sensational recap Vivi.

May I make a confession? I have to admit that I teared up during this scene: “He opens his eyes, and in the sweetest voice we’ve ever heard the old goat use, calls out her name”. Ack. I can’t believe my resolve to despise him momentarily crumbled. But, I took comfort in seeing he's already vowed revenge against Rod. I suspect once the old reprobate gains his strength, he will revert to the venom spewing tyrant we have all come to know and to loathe. Kat, I just read your comment and yes, I'm glad he's finally going to take on Rod...

Sara, seeing Tad's stoic expression made me sad as well! He handled his hurt well. He may have been brusque initially but he wasn't hurtful to Irene. This is where age and maturity were put to good use. I'm praying some sort of switch gets turned on so that Irene will fall in love with him and that he will live to enjoy it.

tofie, "Diego - Pros: she's hot, got her own place, professional, obviously likes me, never married my brother" was simply great.

Exceptional recap and excellent comments.

Friday is getting even better.

Diana
 

I wish they would bring in a new love interest for Tad. Why does he have to die? I know there's a chance he could still live, but for me the signs seem to be pointing to his demise.
 

Thanks Kat, Fatima, Sara, Tofie, and Diana. Tofie- great list. :)

There was a bit of El-Morales stuff I didn't put in. El's new junior partner has Jan Brady moment, Morales, Morales, Morales!" It seems that El keeps talking about how Morales did all these things better. Then El runs into Morales, who doesn't mention he's investigating Rod, and El is really friendly. His anger must be subsiding. I'm sure they'll be BFF again soon.
 

Super-fine recap of a blah, annoying episode (for me at least). Yay for you, Vivi...well done.

"With those pleasantries out of the way, they each go their separate ways." That was such a great line, following the dual snips and snipes!

And like everyone else, loved "tiny dresses with huge price tags". Brigette is definitely clever at stealthy manipulating. I think she should apply for work as a double agent. It would no doubt give her a chance to live a glamorous if dangerous lifestyle and would definitely get her out of the Garcia apartment.

Now, am I the only one tired of these endless, ridiculous fights between El and Carmen? I don't think it's cute when 40-somethings act like stupid teenagers. It's bad enough that the 30-somethings are acting like hopeless adolescents. Jeez!

And yes, I melted during the Irene-Gramps conversation, but alas, I've always had a soft spot for Gramps. I confessed to my hopeless bias yesterday so y'all understand, right?

"Diego - Pros: she's hot, got her own place, professional, obviously likes me, never married my brother"

You got me with that one, Tofie.

Thanks to all...especially Vivi who took one for the team after a loooong day at work.
 

Kat- I liked you suggestion from yesterday about how the writers could turn around the Tad situation. Things aren't looking good right now for him. I am glad he regained his cool by the end of the episode. He's my go to for keeping it classy.
 

Yesterday was a fun day. We kicked off our summer workshop season on the campus of University of Maryland Baltimore County. The first day is always a lot of running around making sure all the students, staff, and volunteers are all settled in and everything is running smoothly. But there are also plenty of opportunities to participate in fun icebreakers and activities with the students and to chat with them. It's also great being out of the office and away from a computer. :)
 

Thanks, Judy! Yes, Brat is very good at manipulation. However, she was not successful at convincing the Mushroom to take her to France with him. I did wonder if she's forgotten she's pregnant since none of those new dresses are maternity frocks. She hasn't told her daddy that she's preggers either. I wonder when she's planning on springing that on him?
 

Judy- No. You are not the only one tired of El and Carmen breaking up every second episode. El really should have kept his cool. All he has to do is look at the twitchy weasel to know he is no competition. He should have just walked over to the couch, inserted himself, said "Honey , I'm home!", and lay a hot kiss on Carmen. That would have been the end of it. Mushroom would have slime out with his tail between his legs, and all Brat would be able to do is pout.
 

I am very annoyed that Brat's pregnancy is all but forgotten. It was like Kat was saying, that all seemed like the writers manipulating the plot.
 

Vivi, thank you for this great recap even though you are extra busy at work.

I liked your "yerba mala nunca muere." Sounds like a great title for a new telenovela.

I enjoyed seeing Al so excited at knowing that Brat's father was the great Dr. Mushroom, while his buddy is in anguish over him.

So, Brat pulling out all the stops on her manipulating skills. I actually sort of feel sorry for the socially inept Dr. Mushroom. That sock to the jaw probably won't be the last uncomfortable thing Brat leads him into.

Judy, you are not alone in being mentally fatigued by middle school behavior in 40 something men and women.

5ft, I like your scenario of how Tad and Irene could both survive and find happiness together.

What is a fangirl?

David
 

Thank you so much, Vivi in DC!

I'm sick of looking at Brat and her Fish Lips and her barely there dresses with the high hills that could destroy an ankle. This chick has gotta go.

Natalia is getting on my last nerve as well. She has lost my interest. These little high school games are getting so old.

Tad is the man. I hope the writers don't mess it up for him.

Fatima
 

Duh! "high HEELS".

Fatima
 

I paid extra special attention to the way Isabel treated Tad and darn it he outta be confused.

El and his macho overkill really makes me dislike him, and Carmen, please, you dump him the day after Saturday in the park. I remember my 5 grade bf and I broke up and got together 4-5 times a day but I had the attention span then of a flea.

Though she'll never put it to good use, Brigitte is shaping up to be a tactical master and light on her spiked heel feet. Had she not been so jealous of Nat would have trampled her afoot.

My pinnacle moment was when Nat saw Diego with Simona and he introduced Nat as his cousin. Heck yeah, I squealed so loud hubby thought something wrong. Nope.

Never been a big fan of Andres and certainly not paired with Nat but that boy needs to wise up. Thing about pushing a rock up a hill is if you lose your footing or concentration for a second it rolls back over you.


 

Oh, and Paul's gut sounds like my wife's Keurig coffee maker.

Strange how this team of writers seems to find the subject of intestinal gas so funny.

David
 

David- Fangirls-- Picture the screaming and crying hordes of teen girls at a Beetles or Justin Beiber concert.
 

Tofie- I think Irene treats Tad like a husband-- a husband she has been married to for 30 years in a good marriage where they don't really feel the "heat" anymore. But I think they are both respectful, caring, and loving with each other, and I think she reacted well to him being snippy (we all have bad days), just allowing him time and space to snap out of it.
 

Brat's pregnancy isn't a plot point the writers can conveniently ignore for long.
 

Thanks for the terrific recap Vivi. It was much appreciated because for some reason mine didn't tape. The DVR history said due to a time change.

Anyway, ITA with your view of Tad and Irene's relationship. I admire your ability to be objective and present another point of view in situations like this.

No matter how rushed I am when reading the recaps, I’m always interested in what you have to say. I may not always agree with you but I always feel that your snark/comments are “food for thought”.
Fan
 

Nanette- Yes. At some point soon, she's going to have to start showing. I really appreciate that the unplanned pregnancies have been kept to a minimum. We had Diana's at the beginning, and now the Brat. Both not great people, both in a committed relationship with a nice man, both impregnated by their not-so-nice lovers.

Fan- Thanks for commenting! Such a lovely thing to say about our little community here. Yes, last night most dvrs had a totally messed up schedule showing some pre-awards show on at 7pm and Mi Corazon es Tuyo the rest of the evening. It was obviously wrong, wrong, wrong, and I luckily decided to ignore what the dvr was saying and set it to record the "pre-awards" show, which was really this show.
 

Diana's baby was Diego's, as far as we know. That's what the DNA test said and as we saw no evidence of tampering, we have to conclude Diana's baby was indeed Diego's. Plus Diego had been having sex with Diana in the time frame of her pregnancy.

I don't think the writers have forgotten about Brat's pregnancy...they did have her say to Mushroom Dad that she was really hungry. BRAT has forgotten that she's pregnant.

I don't think Brat's or Karina's babies will be raised by their mothers:

I think the writers want Alonso & Irene to get back together, I'm thinking Karina will either go to jail for something or die, leaving Alonso in charge of the baby and Irene to raise it, since she can't have any of her own.

Brat is another Diana, who doesn't care about her child except what it can do for her as a meal ticket. I can see her leaving town and leaving the baby to be raised by Carmen & Eleazar. She's going to be another Mushroom: leave her spores somewhere else while she lives her life. I don't see much redemption of her after trying to break up her mom's relationship just so she can go to France and get away from the hum drum people of her family.


 

I like Simona (so far) but I think she's too good for Mopy Diego. I wish he would really try to make it work with her instead of just using her to make Dull Natalia jealous.
 

Great recap vivi, thanks.

Anon207 said "I think the writers want Alonso & Irene to get back together, I'm thinking Karina will either go to jail for something or die, leaving Alonso in charge of the baby and Irene to raise it, since she can't have any of her own".

That's a very interesting perspective but here's my 2 cents.
Tad may die leaving Irene a widow. She has a 24 yo daughter (Nat) who will end up marrying Diego (like it or not:-) Irene doesn't need to raise a newborn in order to feel fulfilled since she has Nat. I believe Nat and Diego will end up with one of the babies, probably Brats. I believe Alonzo will end up single with Karina's baby. I don't think Irene want a young baby bad enough to accept the likes of Al.

 

I hope you are right, Lerker. I don't want Tad to die, but if he does I DON'T want Irene going back to the Leg-humping Emotional Dwarf.
 

I'm hoping when Tad dies, Irene grows up and stays clear of one of the boys she drove car pool for but believe the writers want us to believe her tryst with little beanie weenie is "love". Spare me.

Karina was not the best person initially but even when she did bad things for Diana she knew it wrong and got hives, still does, when she gets nervous. I don't think they should kill her off just so Alonso can have the baby to himself or should I say hand it to grandma Irene to raise with Nat & Diego's spawn. So far he has contributed 3 minutes and a trip or two with Karina to the doctor. She continues to work (one of the few in the whole TN that does) and did not have the benefit of a wealthy daddy or a bf that won the lotto. You don't see her in designer dresses. If she somehow avoids dying would pay to watch Karina, Irene and The Tennessee Stud at holiday dinner.

Don't care about Diego and Nat, her ego is as big as a barn so good luck feeding that thing for life. He'll wake up one day and fantasize about the day he let an adult Simona out of his grasp.

 

Tofie...3 minutes...ha
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder